S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Another Infamous CEL...

Old 03-09-2013, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Infamous CEL...

Barely having enough time on my hand and a blink of an eye, it's been almost two year ownership for the S. Now having that said, I'm having some issues with my CELs...

First one, P0607. (Recently came up, about 4 months ago? Think this should be no problem after I have the CEL reset with a scanner)
What happen was when I got into an accident which broke my radiator, I had it replaced. Upon getting my car back from the body shop, I turned on my car and my Kenwood was in "lock mode" assuming they had to disconnect my battery. I read online and it told me to check under my fuse box, unplug the 7A fuse and it should do the job which it did. But the CEL code pop up when a fellow S2Ker ran his scanner.

Second P0410 & P2445 (They are related) (This CEL came up first and for a very long time)
When I first bought the car from a mid age white guy (first owner). On my way driving home, I heard a ticking sound coming from the engine. Took it to this place Mach 3 and they said my valve was bent. I got the job done there. After about a week, I start seeing a small puddle forming right under my gasket. Took it back to the shop and they said my gasket was crack, they replaced it too. Once everything was done, I didn't drive the car for about a week and finally when I had the chance, I took it out for a drive. About 1/4 of the way the CEL came up. What I suspect is they had to take out the hoses when they changed the gasket and everything. When they put it back together, they must have connected through the wrong holes. I have a K&N intake, which Joey said it shouldn't be the problem that the CEL would pop up.
Also, I was in an accident where I ran the car up a curb which broke the radiator.

I tried looking online about the air pump system, it told me to check all the hoses are flowing correctly and etc. I would have done it but I know nothing about these kind of technicalities.