S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Another clutch issue

Old 05-06-2009, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so the shop says the clutch is completly shot, they said that the fly wheel is also toast said it looks like the fly wheel got extremly hot as there are rambowish coloring all over it, they spent all day looking at the tranny and all the suporting systems of the tranny are fine, they really have no idea how that would happen but said the clutch is just completly comming apart. They were floating the idea that i migh have mistakenly been sent the wrong clutch. sence the time difference i wont be able to call inline til tom, until then i told them to just order and install honda stuff sence i really dont need the car sitting in town while i deal with warrenty/w/e else may come up when talking with inline and the shop. Im hoping that while rather expensive and lengthy the honda one goes as well just so we can see wtf is really going on cause if it happens to both a oem one and a aftermarket one then something has to be wrong with the tranny.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:36 PM

What doesnt make sense is that you were able to get it into gear without it engaging. most likely they f'd up somewhere adn they;re trying to pass the buck - if everything is discolored, what probably happened is the clutch wasnt totally engaged...so when you WERE driving it around, it was basically slipping the entire time, when you were just letting it 'sit in gear' when it wasnt moving, it was also probably burning up.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:28 AM

So it was finished friday with a honda clutch and flywheel, i got back home sat morning and took it off the trailer drove it to the store bout a mile from the house then to the post office, on my way back from the post office it started slipping again..........has less then 20 miles on it and its slipping. so i called them on sat and left a message(they are closed on weekends) i just woke up and there is a vmail from them so i get to deal with that today.