S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Another clutch issue

Old 05-04-2009, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another clutch issue

So i put a cc stage 4 clutch from inlinepro(so the stage 5) took the car home which is almost 90 miles from the shop woot for rural living lol, took the car back to town cause a friend wanted to look at the car to see exactly what we could do together and what i would have to take to a shop, car never entered v-tec from the time i got it back from the shop while in town the clutch started slipping and about 5 mins later was completly out i can be in any gear w/o the clutch peddle depressed and have it stay running. Its being towed back to the shop tom for them to rip the tranny apart to find out what the issue is.

The shop is trying to be as vague as possible with what the issue could be, but from what ive gottin from talking to people it could only be their install. Has anyone come into contact with a clutch doing this in less then 300 miles w/o it being raced on or something crazy? Like i said it never entered v-tec from the time i got it back, think the highest i saw it run upto was just under 5k, its a ap1 btw. If its not an install issue what would cause something like this?
Old 05-04-2009, 05:26 PM
Former Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How much hp/tq are you running though that stage 4 clutch?
Old 05-04-2009, 05:32 PM

stock, but was told i would not be an issue as far as wear and tear goes by everyone from inline pro to friends to the shop that did it
Old 05-04-2009, 06:24 PM

You never felt anything funny? It sounds as if something broke. To be able to be in any gear without clutch pedal depressed = jammed slave cyl or shift fork installed wrong(?)

but if nothing felt funny, I'd bet you broke something.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:30 PM

and all the miles that were put on was going home from the shop and couple weeks later when i went back home i pulled it out to go into town and meet up with my friend other than that it wasnt driven
Old 05-04-2009, 06:45 PM

[QUOTE=ikeyballz,May 4 2009, 06:24 PM] You never felt anything funny?
Old 05-04-2009, 09:33 PM

Does that only happen in first gear? Have you tried 'starting it up' in 2nd gear? (just wondering, maybe your first gear is gone?).
Does the clutch pedal feel correct?
Old 05-04-2009, 09:44 PM

ya the peddel felt fine, all gears were slipping after it was biting at all i never tried to move the car again, had the tow truck drop it off in front of the garage and pushed it in there and locked her up. so to answer your question naw its not just first.

*edit so ya you can put it into gear without pushing the clutch in
Old 05-05-2009, 04:15 PM

It sounds like the shift fork is eithier jammed where ti shouldnt be or theres a blockage in the clutch fluid return - which should go away if you let it sit for a while?

Try remove the slave cylinder, the thing it connects to, the shift fork - it should move around a bit. if it doesnt, its jammed somewhere it shouldnt be. take it bak to the shop!
Old 05-05-2009, 08:45 PM

ya its currently at the tow yard cause they took forever to get there when i called them at 1:30(thanks aaa for the speedy service) itll be taken to the shop from there yard first thing in the morning, thanks for the info

Quick Reply: Another clutch issue