S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Anorexicpoodle sway bar end link install question

Old 01-08-2023, 10:38 AM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Anorexicpoodle sway bar end link install question

Hey all,

just getting around to installing anorexicpoodle adjustable end links on my AP2. I don’t really need the adjustability right now because my stock end links had no tension on them when I removed the drivers side, but I do have adjustable coil overs and may change the height and corner balance…

Anybow, the question is two fold-

1) The new end links in front cannot be shortened to OEM length, they are about 1/4” longer. I can swivel the sway bar up a bit to make them fit with no bind, but is that a problem?

2) Anyone know which way to install these front links? There is a booted side and a non-booted side and I’m assuming the boot goes down but not sure?

it’s also about impossible to reach the jam nut on the booted end to hold it in place while I install the nylon nut and tighten it down lol

I reached out to anorexicpoodke, but it is a Sunday morning and was hoping the group might have some knowledge while I’m waiting to hear back from him

Thanks!

Last edited by trpltongue; 01-08-2023 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-08-2023, 05:38 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

In case anyone ever comes back to
this in the future via search….

From the man himself…

“Booted end goes on the bottom, gold to the endlink. Those are the fronts, rears are the same on both ends

Nope no issues (with the stock end links being slightly shorter than the adjustable end links). Jack up the entire front end, remove both wheels, remove both links.

Install first link, set its length so it doesnt interfere with the shocks or suspension components, the angle of the arms is irrelevant, the bar is a torsion spring, what matters is their relative length.

Once one link is installed, you will need to load the suspension as if the car were sitting on the ground, most will drive the car on ramps or you can do this on an alignment rack.

With the suspension loaded now set the lengh on the other link so it bolts right through with no effort or force on the bar.

Congrats the bar is now totally neutral.

If you cant do that, you can set it at equal droop and it will be close but after you corner balance (which should be done with one link disconnected) you should re-connect the last link on each end of the car with full chassis weight.
The following 2 users liked this post by trpltongue:
fnee (01-27-2023), SlowTeg (01-13-2023)