S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Amuse Exhaust Resonator Rattle

Old 02-18-2005, 09:05 PM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tonys2kOP' date='Feb 18 2005, 05:31 PM
Dan,
Excuse me for buying a premium product and being upset that it is having problems very early on in it's life. I am more knocking Amuse than BP. My only complaint with BP is that whoever I spoke to didn't seem to care at all. They were short on the phone and seemed disinterested with my problem. Then I hear that Mav worked out a deal for a new one at some kind of discounted price. You can (or at least I hope you can) see why I'm upset. If you buy a DVD player and it dies just after the warrenty (3 month or 1 year whatever), you accept it (as I have with my exhaust) but should be upset that you pay so much money for such a short life. Shit happens yes, but I demand more from things in my life. It is good your exhaust hasn't had any problems (most haven't). BP is a good company, no doubt, but I was just a little disapointed, that's all.
Thanks,
Tony
I suggest talking to BP again. If you are within Amuse's warranty period, I don't see why they would not take care of you or least refer you to Amuse.
Old 02-18-2005, 09:07 PM
mav

Originally Posted by turbo_pwr' date='Feb 18 2005, 08:40 PM
Thanks, that was very pertinent and helpful to the situation.

Do a search on Spugen exhaust problems... you're find plenty to read about it. Duc does provide top customer service though.
Old 02-19-2005, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am just out of the warrenty period which is the problem. It's just getting worse and worse. At some point I would like to get a new resonator put on but 1) where is there a ti welder in my area and 2) how can i buy JUST the resonator.

back to solutions to the problem.

Dan, is there any way to get a ti resonator from Amuse, or any ti resonator for that matter?

I have heard that some exhausts have the mufflers clamped onto the piping. Is it possible to clamp a new resonator on if I can't find a ti welder?

What exactly is the point of the resonator. Is it what gives the exhaust its sound? How much different would it sound without one? I know it will definately sound louder, but will it dramatically change the way it sounds?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony
Old 02-20-2005, 08:16 AM
mav

I don't think getting a replacement resonator is possible.
Old 02-20-2005, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Tonys2kOP' date='Feb 19 2005, 11:13 PM
I am just out of the warrenty period which is the problem. It's just getting worse and worse. At some point I would like to get a new resonator put on but 1) where is there a ti welder in my area and 2) how can i buy JUST the resonator.

back to solutions to the problem.

Dan, is there any way to get a ti resonator from Amuse, or any ti resonator for that matter?

I have heard that some exhausts have the mufflers clamped onto the piping. Is it possible to clamp a new resonator on if I can't find a ti welder?

What exactly is the point of the resonator. Is it what gives the exhaust its sound? How much different would it sound without one? I know it will definately sound louder, but will it dramatically change the way it sounds?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony
the resonator's main function is to cut back on the resonance(aka drone) of the entire exhaust system.
Old 02-20-2005, 10:27 AM

Mav, yeah, I didn't think that it was possible. If that's the case then I am SOL unless I get a new straight pipe put in. I doubt I will do that unless my car is my second car, which it will be at some point sooner or later.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by turbo_pwr,Feb 16 2005, 01:39 PM
BTW, for what it's worth, I have probably the oldest Amuse R1 Ti exhaust in the US, purchased in 1999 and it has no rattle in the resonator.
I perosnally tried 3 sets of amuse exhaust (2 sets of amuse dual and 1 set of R1000) already and I havent yet experienced this problem.

I sold my first set of amuse dual for the R1000, soon after I installed the R1000 I found out the it was way too loud for my liking, so I went back to amuse dual.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:51 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Is there something I could replace the resonator with? I have a most terrible rattle now from my centre resonator. It is definitely the resonator, I've had a good listen
Old 04-08-2006, 06:34 AM
mav

AquilaEagle, unfortunately, your only option is to find a local ti welder, cut the resonator off and replace the section with a ti pipe. That is what I originally wanted to do but finding a good ti welder in Miami proved to be a challenge so I just brought a new Amuse exhaust with no resonator.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:52 AM
Administrator

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

I've found 2 or 3 Ti welders here in the UK who have been recommended.

Now, is replacing the resonator with a Stainless steel one (or pipe) also possible?

mav a couple of q's if you don't mind:

Does it change the sound not having that resonator?

Do you know what is inside the resonator and what it looks like inside?

Quick Reply: Amuse Exhaust Resonator Rattle