S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

AMSOIL: Singature VS Extended life

Old 10-20-2014, 06:45 AM

Received 1,529 Likes on 1,033 Posts

Really, any good 0W-30, 5W-30, 10W-30 weight oil will be fine, as long as you change it at the appropriate mileage interval. More frequent for heavy car use or non-synthetic oils. Replace oil filter with every change. Change air filter at recommended intervals. I use Honda parts, but I'm sure there are good aftermarket filters available. But, why not use OEM stuff, if they are available?
Old 10-20-2014, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is absolutely nothing wrong with OEM. I still use Honda MTF and Honda oil filters. However, unless you are keeping your car in a controlled environment in exact OEM condition for use as a future collectible,there are advantages to using non-oem equipment. We all use what we feel is "best" for our vehicle within the parameters that we deem acceptable. That is one of the wonderful things about being part of a community of likeminded individuals. We are able to compare and contrast knowledge and experiences, then ultimately decide what makes our S the "best for us". I learned long ago that being openminded in all things allows for the greatest opportunities. Things are constantly evolving and being receptive to the fact that "there is no one right way", and that just because it is today, does not mean it will be in the future. Think of how far we have come since the S first hit the scene, hell we may soon we may see "electric S2K" builds becoming as commonplace as e85 turbo builds(anyone who hasn't read that build is definitely missing out). All that being said(and admittedly off topic) oil is not just "oil". It all has compromises. Finding the right compromise is about finding the right product that will allow us to utilize our vehicle to the fullest, while providing the peace of mind that it will fully deliver the promised protection for the promised period, or beyond. Yes, OEM oil may fully deliver upon this, however based upon the collective research and experience of others, as well as personal, I know that there is better, and that is what I choose.