S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Amber LED's for cleared side markers

Old 03-12-2014, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amber LED's for cleared side markers

Looking through the various cleared sidemarker topics on the forums, most people recommend getting the titanium coated bulbs that don't reflect amber when they're off but light up amber or getting amber LED's (which is what I want to do). They never seem to have a link for any good ones though (and all the auto parts stores I visited today were useless).

I'd like to get some of these for my cleared side markers, but I also want to stick with LED bulbs. The ones I've got in there now have yellow diodes which have the same problem as the amber lights (you can see the yellow through the cleared side markers).

I was thinking about buying something like this (disclaimer, affiliate link because that's what Amazon gives me, but I don't know anything about these lights and am not recommending them) and painting the bottom silver to match the car, but it's got a bunch of bad reviews saying how dull they are (probably people trying to use them for the wrong thing, but I hate to buy them then find out).

Anyone have any experience with this or know where I can find some decent amber LED's that won't be extremely visible when off (bonus points if I can get them via Amazon Prime... but obviously I can't be too picky).
Old 03-12-2014, 12:50 PM

http://www.js2k.com/index.php?main_p...products_id=57

I don't think those are clear though :/
Old 03-12-2014, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by BlackCL
I don't think those are clear though :/
Thanks. The color and brightness looks great, but I wish they had a closeup of the lamp when it's off. The yellow showing through on my current ones is driving me nuts and I'd hate to get another set that are exactly the same.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:54 PM

I have seen these on a couple of s2ks in person, and it looks 10x better than the stock bulbs.

I'm pretty sure that the bulb itself is yellow so it will show through the clear housing.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by BlackCL
I have seen these on a couple of s2ks in person, and it looks 10x better than the stock bulbs.
I'm pretty sure that the bulb itself is yellow so it will show through the clear housing.
Ah, too bad. Hopefully someone will know of an equivalent that looks a little better with the CR sidemarkers.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:53 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 711 Likes on 449 Posts

I actually switched the side markers on my CR to amber, can't stand the clear ones and they were probably illegal with the white LED bulbs.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by goldenfri
I actually switched the side markers on my CR to amber, can't stand the clear ones and they were probably illegal with the white LED bulbs.
On Berlina I definitely think the amber ones look better (guessing that's what yours is from your profile pic); but on Silverstone I really didn't like them much. Definitely illegal with white bulbs in Georgia (where I am) if I'm not mistaken, hence my looking for amber ones.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:45 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I have the chrome bulbs (that turn amber when lit) like the ones from that vendor in my clear side markers. They're not LED but they are not noticeable at all when off.

http://www.js2k.com/index.php?main_p...products_id=76

I've bought a lot of LEDs from this place---here's their amber side markers.--

http://www.vleds.com/bulb-type/parki...amber-led.html
Old 03-12-2014, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by jetboater
I've bought a lot of LEDs from this place---here's their amber side markers.--

http://www.vleds.com/bulb-type/parki...amber-led.html
Thanks; some of theirs don't look like they're colored or would be visible, I'll give that a shot!
Old 03-13-2014, 02:04 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the js2k amber LED side marker bulbs and clear lenses.. You can't see the color through the lenses close up..

Quick Reply: Amber LED's for cleared side markers