S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Aftermarket Oil Cooler with PWDJDM Intake ?

Old 09-13-2011, 07:48 PM
csw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Oil Cooler with PWDJDM Intake ?

Hi all,

I'm considering adding on an aftermarket oil cooler kit (either Earls or Greddy) , but with the PWDJDM intake scoop taking up half (or more) of the front bumper opening, does the oil cooler get mounted just beside it ?

If done that way, basically the radiator would be blocked by both the intake scoop and the oil cooler (on the L and R sides), therefore very minimal air flow into the radiator.

Wouldn't this be rather concerning on the cooling capabilities ?

Would like to know how you guys have done it and were there any special mods / considerations involved ?

pics be good too

Thank you !
Old 09-13-2011, 08:51 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Place the oil cooler in the bumper opening wherever you have available space. I have mine in front of the radiator towards the passenger side. Try to keep the hoses as short as possible while placing the oil cooler directly in front of airflow.

Also, the oil cooler isnt a brick wall. Air will pass thru the fins and to the radiator (albiet will be a bit warmer). You'll be fine as far as water cooling goes.

What oil temps are you hitting now? I'd stay away from the overpriced Greddy unit. You can build you own for cheaper and get a better/larger oil cooler.