S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

AEM V2.....Was it a bad install?

Old 08-02-2005, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM V2.....Was it a bad install?

I am really interested in getting the AEM V2 intake on my S. I had a V1 on my integra and loved it. I have read all the info on the hydro lock issues with the drain hole and definately plan on fabricating an umbrella of some sort to take care of the issue. Other wise just as i was in my integra ill becarful not to cross any rivers.....

However here is my new concern. I was gonna buy a fellow S2ki'ers V2 off of him this past weekend at our local Mod day. He had just had a super charger put on his car and I told him i would take the intake off his hands. Well when he got the intake back from the shop, there was a huge wear mark on the tubing. The wear mark was located on the bend right behind the filter.... Other wise the area of the tubing that is exposed by the front tire... We came to the conclusion that the only thing that could have been rubbing at this location was his tire (assumingly under full turn of the wheel) He said he had the intake on for a little over a year. My guess is that if he had driven on it for a few more months, it would have worn through the tubing and his enging would have been FUBAR, from sucking up a whole lot of dirt.

So my question is.... Has anyone else experienced any rubing issues with this intake in the same location? I am thinking that this is due to a bad install/improper mounting. If you have the intake and you turn your steering wheel all the way to the right, I would imagin you would be able to see the elbow of the bend that is exposed in the wheel well and would be able to see if the tubing had any wear marks on it.

The tubing was worn so thin that I could push the metal back and forth with minimal pressure using my fingers..
Old 08-02-2005, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe the bolt that holds the tube(by the filter) came loose and it moved closer to the wheel...