S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

AEM v1 Intake Install?

Old 09-01-2005, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM v1 Intake Install?

hello i recently purchased a v1 intake, but i did not receive any hoses or instructions. is anybody able to walk me through the installation or show me a link to a how to thread? ive looked through the faqs and searched but all i can find is that v2 installED thread and the vaccuum line thread. maybe someone can scan the aem instructions? help would be appreciated. thanks!
Old 09-01-2005, 08:08 PM

im pretty sure the instrucitions are similar... its really easy.. i did it iwthout insturactions... and im a amateur
Old 09-01-2005, 08:12 PM

are there any hoses that need to be changed? i'm assuming the two hoses that attach to the rubber intake hose go in the same place on the aem? or do i need different hoses that might have come with the aem new but i did not get. besides those two hoses im assuming its just a bolt on job?
Old 09-02-2005, 06:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey whats up man, I just Uninstalled my AEM V2 and i also Installed it myself. Pretty much expereinced and i know exactly where everything goes. If you need my help feel free to PM me. Ill walk you through the installation.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:01 AM

look in the sticky under technical --> faqs --> v2 intake install

should be pretty much the same.
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=171067
Old 09-02-2005, 09:03 AM

ive seen the v2 faq and i know basically how to get the tube on, but from a quick look at the vaccuum hoses i dont see what needs to be rerouted or if i need to buy any hoses because my v1 did not come with any. thanks

edit: sorry i shoulda worded it differently. do i have everything to install it is what im asking. i saw that the v2 came with two hoses on the aem website and i have none is what im saying so i dont want to start installing yet.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:57 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes you need the hoses because you replace the PCV line to the intake and a coolant line to the TB (I think its the TB) If you just go to an auto parts store, buy 2-3 feet of 3/8" Coolant hose and four clamps for the ends you'll be fine...hmm actually one might be 1/2" I forget and don't have instructions with me.

Anyway, the upper half of the install is the same as the install for the V2. Make sure you have all that stuff...the only differences between V1 and V2 are piping diameters which really doesnt' affect install to greatly.

BTW, I see why you never replied about those pics, good buy, I'm happier with the V1 then the snorkle, you probably will be too.

Eric
Old 09-02-2005, 10:48 AM

haha actually you said "i'll try to think of a price today and get back to you" or something like that. so i was waiting and ended up with one of these. sorry lol.

anybody who knows for sure the hose specs please share much appreciated
Old 09-02-2005, 11:06 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by terahertz,Sep 2 2005, 10:48 AM
haha actually you said "i'll try to think of a price today and get back to you" or something like that. so i was waiting and ended up with one of these. sorry lol.

anybody who knows for sure the hose specs please share much appreciated
oops...sorry . I still don't know what a fair price on it is. PM me with something you think is reasonable since you will no longer be buying it that way I have an idea, like testing the waters. Anyway, I still think you'll be happy with the V1, I love mine...and I'll go check the hoses right now.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:11 AM

pm macgyver. he had a write up with pics but i noticed his "michelle" site is down.

Quick Reply: AEM v1 Intake Install?