S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

AEM Engine Management System (Q & A)

Old 10-23-2003, 08:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

3ngin33r1.... No communication engineers needed. Retirement is a great thing, why would you want to leave it?

EDIT: COMMERCIAL CONTENT REMOVED

F20C1pwr.... I left a message with AEM in regards to the 2003 and 2004 model S2000's. I'll post here shortly with the result. Hopefully it's just that they haven't tested it with those model years. We'll see.

turbo_pwr... With regards to the display. It is approx 6 inches wide. I'll have our first one here today or tomorrow. We'll temporarily install it in one of our AEM cars and make sure everything works well. I'll take some more pics and let you guys know.

Take care,
Chris.
Old 10-23-2003, 11:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by HorsepowerFreak
3ngin33r1....
Old 10-23-2003, 12:31 PM

Yes, guys, that would be CBender in the photos. I tracked the car yesterday at Pacific Raceways, and I can vouch for the excellent job done by Torque Freaks -- as I have in the past, see:

http://forums.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.p...threadid=139728

Sean's a straight shooter who'll only promise what he can deliver. He stands behind his work. He's not cheap, but he's fair and I trust him fully. And, in comparison to the cost of a new motor, a day's tuning with Sean is well worth the money.

I can also vouch for Chris and guys at Horsepower Freaks -- they sell the right stuff at fair prices and are reliable and easy to deal with.

Best,
CB
Old 10-23-2003, 12:59 PM

CBender,

Thanks for the posts. It was a pleasure meeting with you yesterday. You certainly have a nice ride.

Take care,
Chris.
Old 10-23-2003, 04:45 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by turbo_pwr
Old 10-23-2003, 06:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How often does it rain or do you see heavy water in LA?

Don't drive through a mud puddle, river, creek, stream, standing water higher than the bottom of your bumper or front lip. Do not leave your car out in a downpoor. Do a search for a post by xviper that discusses plugging the drain hole above the CAI air filter, if ou don't, in a downpoor water will run down the "gutter", through the drain hole (just as it was designed to do) and drip onto your filter, once your filter is soaked and you start your car, SCHLUUUPP (my best water sucking impresion), there goes the water into the intake.

I live in the Seattle area which sees a lot of wet weather and I ran a CAI with no problems. Just take a few extra precautions. Remember, you usually only hear about the bad side of things here, if things are running great, people usually don't have anything to say about it. I haven't seen many threads with the title, "*WARNING* - My car runs great, never had a problem!".
Old 10-23-2003, 07:20 PM

good points.
Old 10-24-2003, 01:26 PM

With regards to the EMS display, it simply plugs into the same serial port the laptop plugs into. Then it has a cigarette lighter plug in as well. Completely plug n play. You can of course hardwire the power if you wish.

Take care,
Chris.
Old 10-24-2003, 01:40 PM

Do you guys know of any good AEM tuners down south in or near FL? Oregon is a bit far :/
Old 10-24-2003, 01:43 PM

Sean flies to Florida quite a bit to tune cars. I think he was there 3 times last month. This weekend he's in Detroit tuning 4 VR4's. He will typically tune several cars at a location to make it more worth while for everybody. Shoot him an email, sean@torquefreaks.com and maybe he can work you into his schedule.

Take care,
Chris.

Quick Reply: AEM Engine Management System (Q & A)