S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

AEM Engine Management System (Q & A)

Old 01-16-2004, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The AEM has a built in shift light that you can program. You can also specify an output to illuminate either the CEL or another light/buzzer.

Sean McElderry
AEM Factory Trained Tuner
TorqueFreaks Inc.
http://www.torquefreaks.com (Service)
http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com (Parts)
sean@torquefreaks.com
Old 01-16-2004, 10:45 AM

Sean, this is Eric Williams, I just missed your call. I will be at work until 5:00 my time. When would be a good time for me to try and call you later today?
Old 01-16-2004, 10:48 AM

Hi, Eric...sorry I missed you. You can call anytime today...I'll be tuning a Supra on the dyno so it's hard for me to predict when we'll have some downtime. If I don't answer, just leave a message and I'll call you back as soon as I can. Talk to you soon!
Old 01-19-2004, 11:28 AM

Received 1,058 Likes on 540 Posts

Hows the new display dash coming along? I checked your site and didn't see it. Is there a chance at color? Does it run off the serial port?

I'm looking for a display I can build into my radio door. Have you run into anything else? Ihave considered an hp jordana as a fold down option.

thanks

fltsfshr
Old 01-19-2004, 11:43 AM

TorqueFreaks is our service department. The parts are all on at www.horsepowerfreaks.com. The digital display picture and information is here... www.horsepowerfreaks.com/default.asp?ModelCd=SUP4&SubCategoryCd=EMSD

Take care,
Chris.

HorsepowerFreaks Inc.
TorqueFreaks Inc.
Old 01-19-2004, 12:05 PM

fltsfshr I should be receiving the display this week (ordered through Horsepower). I got the specs on the LCD from Gauge Tech. It's going to be tight fit into the dash door.

Here's the stats on the LCD itself used in the display. http://www.optrex.com/SiteImages/PartList/...E-CO%20draw.pdf. The electronics would have to be moved elsewhere. Kevin is interested working out something that can be sold specific for the S2000 (that maybe Horsepower can sell) that would fit.
Old 01-19-2004, 12:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It would be nice to have an s2000 specific display but I don't think that the demand is high enough to justify the cost of design and production.
Old 01-19-2004, 10:13 PM

I thought it was interesting when I read earlier that AIT temps read by the EMS were off. So I tested this on my ems. It read while the car was warmed up that AIT temps were 91. Well after we shot a thermo gun or whatever the device is called at the intake manifold, it was reading about 124 degrees. Then I began to wonder if this would also affect cold start conditions and contribute to my dilemma. But enrichment fuel is based by coolant temps and not AIT so then maybe AIT doesn't affect cold start. Any thoughts on this?

Still now, after raising enrichment fuel by 50 then 100% then reducing it from the previous original by 50 then 100% I still haven't improved on this problem. Still the stock ecu fires right up then after about 1 minute not even when the engine has warmed up much, I swap the EMS in and it fires up after a few cranks. Also I found out that it doesn't even have to be overnight, after about anywhere from 4-5 hours while the car is off the car will not fire up on the ems anymore. Talked to AEM, they said that the tuning is all in the enrichment fuel with cold start conditions however they don't experience temps here in KY because they are located in Cali. I am completely stumped on this cold start issue. I'm about to buy an extra ecu harness, hook up both ecu and use a toggle switch to switch from stock to ems ecu. I know this is ghetto but I have no choice. Anyone else have any other suggestions?
Old 01-19-2004, 10:26 PM

why dont you check it with sean
pay him to have a look at your settings/logs and make the change
get him to email it back to you with the change and try it out

just my 2c
I am still waiting for my unit
All of this discussion is gettting me excited (or is it butterfly in my tummy hhmmmm )
Old 01-19-2004, 10:31 PM

Actually i don't think Sean would be able to do this considering he doesn't know my setup and I don't have the finances for a coveted Torquefreaks tuning session.

Quick Reply: AEM Engine Management System (Q & A)