S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

AEM Engine Management System (Q & A)

Old 01-12-2004, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sean can help you clear that up without any problem, however he won't be back until Thursday. If you purchased the AEM from us, he will send you a basemap that is superior to the one that comes on the AEM CD that will have better startup characteristics. If it still doesn't start up right away after that, he can provide you with phone support or take a look at the map you're using. If you purchased the AEM from us, you get a lot more support for free. If you didn't purchase the AEM from us, he can help a little, but after that you will need to pay him to fly out and build the map for you.

Take care,
Chris.
Old 01-12-2004, 02:33 PM

It's very difficult to tell from your description, but I can almost guarantee you need more or less cranking fuel. Take the curve up by 50-100% and try again when cold. If it doesn't start, take it down to 50% of the original values and it should work. Good luck!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by KYS2000
Yep still have the same problem this morning, I tried to crank the car on the EMS about and a couple of times it sounded like the car was hitting (as in almost fired up) a couple times but to no luck.
Old 01-12-2004, 06:10 PM

Thanks Sean I will try that, if i figure it out i will post back here.
Old 01-12-2004, 06:15 PM

Chris I understand you all are a business and stuff doesn't come free thats why I appreciate all the help you and Sean have provided. Financially however I couldn't afford to purchase the system or technical support not to say its not worth it. Also, my tuner here wants experience in tuning the EMS. He is flying to EMS class in Feb, hopefully by then this start issue is corrected.
However thanks to all those at HorsepowerFreaks and TorqueFreaks.
Old 01-13-2004, 08:13 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by HorsepowerFreak
Sean can help you clear that up without any problem, however he won't be back until Thursday.
Old 01-15-2004, 02:13 PM

So I just want to say this is an incredible thread, torquefreaks and horsepowerfreak, wow incredible job you're doing. So a couple of questions, so I'm curious about what features the AEM doesn't support over the stock ECU. I know it still can't feed the stock temp gauge but is there other functionality that isn't there.

One more question, any idea when an '04 model will come out? Thanks alot and keep up the great work!
Old 01-15-2004, 02:39 PM

I still haven't verified whether or not the 1012 box works on an 04 S2000. I've been a bit busy lately and haven't called AEM about this yet. Has someone here verified that the 03 and 04 ECU pinouts are different?

With regard to your first question, the major drawback to the AEM on an S2000 is the loss of the coolant temp gauge on the dash. While you know the coolant temp by looking at either your laptop or the Gauge Tech display (http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/ShowProduc...CategoryCd=EMSD), you don't know it by watching your dash.

Other than that, everything not only works, but is programmable. This even includes your radiator fans and your A/C Hope that helps!
Old 01-15-2004, 02:54 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TorqueFreaks
Other than that, everything not only works, but is programmable.
Old 01-15-2004, 02:58 PM

This is Sean, actually

Yes, you can control the fan kick on and kick off temperatures through the AEM. You can also define it to come on with the A/C (like it is stock) or without the A/C.

Sean McElderry
AEM Factory Trained Tuner
TorqueFreaks Inc.
http://www.torquefreaks.com (Service)
http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com (Parts)
sean@torquefreaks.com
Old 01-16-2004, 04:45 AM

Thanks Sean
you just saved me a few more bucks for a Mugen fanswitch.

So has anyone tried the "CEL" shift light yet?
Is there any AEM shift light kit Sean/Chris?

Quick Reply: AEM Engine Management System (Q & A)