S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

AEM Engine Management System (Q & A)

Old 01-09-2004, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks vapors2k
Old 01-10-2004, 10:23 PM

Wow...first let me apologize for not responding sooner. I had no idea this thread was alive. I just found a WiFi spot - I'm writing you guys from a Seattle's Best coffee shop in the Ginza district of Tokyo. Here are the answers to some of the questions:

KYS2000 - Hey, Henry, how's it going? Is the car running nicely? The fix for the slow startup is different for every car. It is especially dependent on the injectors. I have found that increasing the Initial Crank Pulse Table helps immensely. Try that and let me know how it works.

honda9krpm - My wideband sensor has lasted over 20k miles on leaded gas. I run 114 octane leaded 24/7 in my car and the sensor is still running solidly. I plan to replace it soon, however.

fltfshr- The AEM can accurately compensate for your gears.

hans- For accel fueling, it's imperative that you see whether you're going lean or rich. 90% of the time, I see the car going too lean. There are maybe 50 things you can change to fix it and I don't have time to write them out here. I would recommend that you read through the accel/decel fueling portions of the AEM manual. This is one of the more complicated parts of tuning, but you should be able to nail it. Good luck!!

If you guys have any other questions, please let me know and I'll monitor this thread more closely from now on. Also, feel free to email or call me directly at 503-256-6336. Take care!!
Old 01-11-2004, 08:08 AM

Sean thanks for your reply, my car runs great but I just have startup issues. My main issue isn't even with cranking, if i leave the car outside overnight and the temp is ~<40 F then the next day, the car doesn't wont start unless i swap in the stock ecu, let it warmup and then start the car with the ems. After that, as long as the car doesn't sit for long it will startup on the ems.
Old 01-11-2004, 11:34 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TorqueFreaks
Wow...first let me apologize for not responding sooner.
Old 01-11-2004, 07:48 PM

For your cold start problems, is the car not starting at all or does it start then die quickly? These are two separate issues with two separate fixes.

The part throttle to full throttle transition should be just like it was with the stock ECU. At high RPM, accel fueling isn't much of an issue unless you have too much of it. If your car bogs then KICKS hard at transition from part to full throttle then you have too much accel fuel. Hope that helps!
Old 01-11-2004, 08:46 PM

chris/sean
I just wired the money. It will be there within 48 hours.

I just recalled that the ecu wiring is slightly different for the s2k in Australia compare to USA. Could you kindly check with AEM if there is any fitment issue with Australian delivered s2k? Do you know if anyone in Australia or japan has had these in the s2k?

Thanks
Old 01-11-2004, 10:15 PM

Sean thanks for the quick reply, the car won't start at all in the mornings. We just download the official startup calibrations from the AEM forum and copied and pasted the settings for everything below below to see what will happen.
Old 01-12-2004, 01:57 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TorqueFreaks
For your cold start problems, is the car not starting at all or does it start then die quickly?
Old 01-12-2004, 08:14 AM

Yep still have the same problem this morning, I tried to crank the car on the EMS about and a couple of times it sounded like the car was hitting (as in almost fired up) a couple times but to no luck. Swap in the stock ecu, fired right up, then wait 10 mins (about 2 bars of heat) then swap the ems back in and the car fireds right up.
Old 01-12-2004, 01:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

drives you nuts huh?

Quick Reply: AEM Engine Management System (Q & A)