S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

adding vortech supercharger ?

Old 01-06-2005, 10:52 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default adding vortech supercharger ?

If you were to add a vortech supercharger to a S (with an exhaust and toda headers), what other modifications are necessary ?

clutch?
oil pressure gauge?
oil tempurature gauge?
turbo timer?
standalone fuel managing ECU?

any and all help would be appreciated.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:15 PM

A Mugen gas cap.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You dont need any of that stuff. It might help to have. So a serch and you'll find a ton of info on it.

BTW Racer is mistaken, he means Mugen radiator cap.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by revhi,Jan 7 2005, 12:29 AM
BTW Racer is mistaken, he means Mugen radiator cap.
Na man, I mean the Mugen gas cap. There's something about an abrupt drop in pressure due to mass airflow losing density resulting in excessive vacume in the system. The Mugen cap has a unique valve that reverses this pressure. It is made out of titanium or magnesium or some shit.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:00 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

You guyssssss!

New Concept, they're just playing with ya. They are usually very knowledgeable and very helpful and when they are serious, you can believe what they say. A Vortech (and Comptech for that matter) is designed to bolt onto the car and drive down the road without any other modification. Some kits have been known to run a little rich, so if you are concerned, learn to read your plugs often in the early days on being boosted or get the a/f checked on a dyno.

You clutch will fine unless you've already burned the crap out of it. Gauges are nice and what kinds to get are a personal choice. You don't need a turbo timer. This is not a turbo you're dealing with. It doesn't get as hot as a turbo. A stand alone ECU is not required unless you start changing stuff to squeeze more power out of the thing.

Mind you, if money is no object, you can get a lot more stuff than what you just listed. Start with the Mugen gas cap.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by RACER,Jan 7 2005, 01:27 AM
Na man, I mean the Mugen gas cap. There's something about an abrupt drop in pressure due to mass airflow losing density resulting in excessive vacume in the system. The Mugen cap has a unique valve that reverses this pressure. It is made out of titanium or magnesium or some shit.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=RACER,Jan 7 2005, 04:27 AM] Na man, I mean the Mugen gas cap.
Old 01-08-2005, 05:32 PM
Banned

Is there any difference between the vortech and comptech s/c' s?

what would happen if i replaced the pulley with a 9 psi pulley?

I am asking all these question b/c I am about to get rid of a turbo celica and know nothing about the reliability of a blown S.

Generally what is the reliabilty of a blown S like anyway ?

And I am assuming once I go past thew 300 whp mark on the S tuning will be required. true? how bout internals?
Old 01-08-2005, 05:50 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by New Concept,Jan 8 2005, 07:32 PM
Is there any difference between the vortech and comptech s/c' s?

what would happen if i replaced the pulley with a 9 psi pulley?

I am asking all these question b/c I am about to get rid of a turbo celica and know nothing about the reliability of a blown S.

Generally what is the reliabilty of a blown S like anyway ?

And I am assuming once I go past thew 300 whp mark on the S tuning will be required. true? how bout internals?
They both blow about the same boost except if you get the intercooler on the Comptech, in which case, you'll need to get the '04 pulley to compensate for the loss of boost. The Comptech also doesn't have a timing box which the Vortech does. The Comptech also has an adjustable fuel pressure reg; the Vortech does not.

If you get a 9# pulley, you'll need to start thinking about a stand alone ECU, bigger injectors, more fuel pressure.

Both kits are quite reliable right out of the box. It's when you start to boost higher and squeeze more power that the reliability can diminish. What, you want it all?

The internals are fine around 300 whp. Approaching 350, you better start doing your math. All kinds of stuff will start to break.
Old 01-08-2005, 06:04 PM

I must have missed this thread when I made mine down the page, but I have a question that wasn't answered-

can I still use pump gas when on low psi like 7 or 8? Thank you

Quick Reply: adding vortech supercharger ?