S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

accident on 1st day I gotta s2k

Old 04-25-2007, 06:15 PM
Former Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aside form the obvious speech about being repsonsible, I just don't understand why you'd want to spend every last dime to get yourself into a car that you can't afford to take care of if anything goes wrong.

Anyway, you could have a good bit of damage. Get it checked out.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:28 PM

the only person I let drive my car is a friend who use to own a Vortech S2k.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:47 PM

Not yet. Going to buy insurance tomorrow. My initial plan was driving and practicing around the city with nothing serious and did plan for an accident to happen anytime soon but working should start paying for gas and insurance so other than that, it was careless for me to let someone else drive. It was a risk to buy this car though, but I did mention a good deal so can't easily pass up an opportunity like this. I'll see if I can handle it and just go from there.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So you have insurance coverage that extends from your old car... right?
Old 04-26-2007, 04:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you need Rims, I have replacements... PM me
Old 04-26-2007, 06:34 AM

High performance rear drive sports coupes and roadsters, e.g., the S2000, do not tolerate fools gladly. Gross errors are possible, and lead to severe consequences. If ever you let someone drive your S2K, first go out with that person and warn them of all the possibilities, and administer your own road test. I do trust my 35 year old son occasionally with my S2K, but I know he is sane and sensible.

My prior sports car was a 1993 RX-7 twin turbo. That was inherently more dangerous in careless hands than the S2000. Lots more torque at moderate rpm (217 lb-ft), and it would come on somewhat suddenly after a slight turbo lag. My local dealer only sold about 10 of them, and did lose one via road test in the hands of an overconfident fool.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:06 AM

Nice of you to let your friends experience the S, but this outcome really sucks. I hope your friend is man enough to pay for the damages.

- kinda reminds me of these videos:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=slJF4ze6kd8
http://youtube.com/watch?v=huXKMhSjFT4
Old 04-26-2007, 07:30 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

OP where are you from?
Old 04-26-2007, 07:34 AM

was it raining when this happened, your pictures show rain.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:24 AM

Yes I have insurance from an earlier car but my brother was yelling at me because he says no insurance will do something like cover the damages. I guess he didn't understand me but the former owner says you get 30 days to drive a newly bought car until you need to call insurance. To my understanding, it is only within a city block. I just added the s2k onto the insurance today before letting it checked by repair shop.

actually it was raining on and off the entire week prior to getting my car. On saturday morning the sky was shining, birds chirping and daylight came early. When he crashed, the sky got gloomy (not metaphorically) and began to sprinkle a bit. That's when I told him to stop driving on rims and change it halfway sticking out of the road. When finally we thought the worst was over, it got worse when the cops came and then interrogating and claiming residents called in because of kids racing. After then it rained nonstop until dark. The rest of the day was really saddening and depressing.

Quick Reply: accident on 1st day I gotta s2k