S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

abs problem

Old 12-22-2008, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default abs problem

i swapped my rear cv joints now i have my abs light on. how much resistance or ohms are supposed to be out of the connector. a buddy of mine is doing the electrical diag and i can't find in our system the amount of volts supposed to be coming out of it. when you spin the wheel it is reading with the magnet but i'm not sure how much is supposed to be going to it. thanks
Old 12-22-2008, 06:00 PM
Former Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This is pretty common...check to make sure the abs sensors are bolted back in place and aren't loose. Make sure the sensor's wire didn't break or get abraded. Also if the toothed ring on the hub is damaged or severely nicked, it can throw off the magnetic pick-up giving you an abs light.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:52 AM

well i hooked up my meter to it but i forget what i put it on but i was getting a reading and when i spun the wheel the reading changes so that tells me they are working. i did clean them up before i was done swapping the cv's. i didn't even take them out i just undid the bracket to free up some extra line and had a buddy gently pull the hub out while i shimmied the axle out. we flashed the abs and it did a long light 2 shorts then paused then another long and 5 shorts but i can't find the code which i think is 25. the instructor is an idiot and can't offer me any information that i didn't already know or tried. can i use brake cleaner to clean the toothed ring off better and use a blow valve to clean it all off?
Old 12-23-2008, 10:54 AM
Former Moderator

You need to visually inspect the toothed ring. If it is dented, chipped or missing a tooth, you will get a code.

Also...search in the Under the Hood forum for the ABS codes...I'm sure they are here somewhere.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:10 PM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

fast-or-move! Posted on Dec 23 2008, 08:52 PM
we flashed the abs and it did a long light 2 shorts then paused then another long and 5 shorts but i can't find the code which i think is 25.
I think you need to redo the flash, code 25 does not exist in my service manual.

You should see a start puls (2 seconds) when you turn the ignition to ON, then 3.6 seconds of no light, then a series of long pulses followed by short pulses.
Example: 2 long and 3 short = code 23

I think you have seen code 12 (one long 2 short) and 15 (one long 5 short).
Well.. 12 is not in the list but 15 is: the rear right (RR) sensor (open or short to body ground or short to power fault)

Old 12-23-2008, 04:36 PM

yea i researched a while and finally found that out. thanks though. i wasn't reading the codes right and then when i figured out it was fifteen then i found out it was the sensor. i dont' think my axle nuts are torqued right because my buddy just zapped them on. so they might not be inline with the teeth. i'll try that after this weekend and post back up
Old 12-23-2008, 05:52 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 352 Likes on 321 Posts

Usually when the axles get pulled the ABS sensor harness doesn't get unbolted. Then the sensor wire gets stretched when you pull the lower control arm down to get the axle out.

The sensor wire breaks internally and you get the light on. Same thing tends to happen when people install coilovers or lowering springs.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:30 AM

i would agree with you because i thought i had done that but when i hook the meter up to the orange connector that runs to the sensor and spin the wheel it gets a reading. if it's where it is supposed to be or not i'm not sure of. are abs sensors expensive?
Old 12-24-2008, 04:37 AM
Former Moderator

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/j...PartsSearch.jsp
Old 12-25-2008, 09:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Slows2k' date='Dec 23 2008, 06:52 PM
Usually when the axles get pulled the ABS sensor harness doesn't get unbolted. Then the sensor wire gets stretched when you pull the lower control arm down to get the axle out.

The sensor wire breaks internally and you get the light on. Same thing tends to happen when people install coilovers or lowering springs.
i think this is what happened to me. how would i go about fixing it?

Quick Reply: abs problem