S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Abs light flashing and no start

Old 04-09-2016, 12:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Abs light flashing and no start

Hey guys,

Looking for some help on an issue I've been having. A little background:

At times the car will not start and it seems to be only when the abs light is flashing, key in the ignition ON position. It seems like it's throwing a code even though the obd2 connector is not being jumped with a paper clip. When this happens, the fuel pump is not priming.
I'm also getting a heavy buzzing from the main relay, CEL flashing like crazy as well. The abs code is for the front right wheel sensor but I don't know why it would have an effect on starting.

The car died on me today while driving and this issue arose. After a little while of cranking, it finally started...made it home, parked and shut the car off. I then tried to start it again and it was totally fine, fuel pump would prime, everything was normal, car started no issue.

A little while after I go back to try it again, and the abs light is flashing the code without jumping the connector, car wouldn't start. It's mind boggling.

Really lost...need any input I can get. Appreciate it in advance!
Old 04-12-2016, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SOLVED: Ok; so the car is good now. Battery was fully charged. I put it in, and after 5 minutes there was some loud clicking coming from the engine bay (assuming from the abs module), I heard a thud, and the fuel pump starting priming. Abs light flashing went off. After closer inspection, I realized the abs codes that were flashing was 54 and 61. 54 is fuel relay stuck off and 61 is low ignition voltage. That, I assume, is why I heard heavy buzzing and clicking around the ignition area before when the car didn't want to start. All is good now, let's hope this permanently fixes the issue. I realize some of it is my fault because this seems to happen when I don't use the car for an extended period of time.