S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

abs code

Old 03-24-2006, 04:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default abs code

can anyone tell me what code 61 refers to? i dont know what this means. I got it after I installed my new shocks. DTC:61- Low FSR + B voltage

btw I got codes 11 and 13 but those are front left and front sensors short/open connections but I have new sensors coming. Just dont know what 61 is
Old 03-24-2006, 05:17 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

It's in regards to low voltage going to the Fail Safe Relay. It wants you to check the charging system.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:05 PM

are you talking about the alternator? I just checked that out and its all good. Could it be the fact that I have the front 2 sensors being bad?
Old 03-24-2006, 06:38 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Rusted_nailz,Mar 24 2006, 08:05 PM
are you talking about the alternator? I just checked that out and its all good. Could it be the fact that I have the front 2 sensors being bad?
The charging system is not just the alternator. It's everything to do with receiving the power from the alternator, converting it and regulating it and delivering it to all the other systems that needs it.
I can't say for sure if it's because you've got bum sensors. You've already gotten specific codes for those, so I would imagine that the voltage code is something separate. I believe the ABS module is trying to tell you that the voltage it's receiving is too low. Now you have to find out why.

The Helm says the following for testing the code 61:

1. Clear the DTC. For this, you need a Honda PGM tester. (I don't know how you can do this without one. Maybe someone else will know.)
2. Test-drive the car at 6 mph or more.

Does the ABS indicator come on?

YES - Go to step 3.
NO - The system is OK at this time.

3. Verify the DTC

Is DTC 61 or 62 indicated?

YES - Check the charging system.
NO - Do the appropriate troubleshooting for the DTC.

Sorry, that's all I can tell you.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:05 PM

thx X thats more info than I could find using search.....I'll replace the 2 sensors and see what happens....if worse comes to worse ill have to have the dealership resolve the final code
Old 03-24-2006, 07:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Page 19-33 in the 00-03 Helms has some info. It say's something about there being an "initial" diagnosis when the ignition is turned on. Then a "regular" diagnosis that runs constantly. There is also this: DTC 61 or 62: The ABS indicator goes off automatically when the system returns to normal. Sounds like when the problem is corrected it will shut off on its own. Also it looks like there is a way to clear ABS DTC's without the PGM Tester outlined on page 19-35 of the Helms. I won't go into that anymore becasue WisconsinS2k will smack me.
Finally, I would be really careful messing with ABS or SRS stuff. Maybe just take it to the dealer. "Never clear a DTC without fixing the problem first"

EDIT: It looks like ABS DTC 61 or 62 will actually clear once the problem is corrected with the ignition on or car running. Whereas ABS DTC 11 and 13 would need the problem corrected then the car turned off then back on in order to clear themselves. I hope that makes some sense.

The Helm says the following for testing the code 61:

1. Clear the DTC. For this, you need a Honda PGM tester. (I don't know how you can do this without one. Maybe someone else will know.)
2. Test-drive the car at 6 mph or more.

Does the ABS indicator come on?

YES - Go to step 3.
NO - The system is OK at this time.

3. Verify the DTC

Is DTC 61 or 62 indicated?

YES - Check the charging system.
NO - Do the appropriate troubleshooting for the DTC.
I'm not disagreeing, I just never made it past the first couple pages in that section. Mostly because I wanted to see if I could clear ABS DTC without PGM Tester. I think I can, but haven't tried.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:25 PM

I dont understand whats goin on. I replaced one sensor but its still throwing the code (13) does honda need to clear the code when a new sensor is installed??
Old 03-29-2006, 05:20 PM

I dont understand whats goin on. I replaced one sensor but its still throwing the code (13) does honda need to clear the code when a new sensor is installed??
Have the other 2 ABS DTC's cleared themselves? (11, and 62)? Also do you have a helms manual?
Old 03-29-2006, 06:01 PM

I just got a helms manual and cleared the abs dtc. The only code im throwning now is 11. 13 and 61 went away and hasnt came back. Im waiting for the other sensor to come. This is my new bible haha. Thx guys
Old 03-29-2006, 06:31 PM

Ok, I thought you were always throwing codes 11, 13, and 61? So none of them have cleared by themselves after sensor replaced? Did you clear the ABS DTC's with PGM-Tester? If not, how did you clear ABS DTC?

EDIT: I see, I missed a period in your post. Now you are only throwing ABS DTC 11. What revision of the helms 00-??, I'm curious because I want the new one. I would still like to know how you cleared the ABS DTC.

Quick Reply: abs code