S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

About to tackle the CDV removal

Old 07-14-2007, 10:21 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default About to tackle the CDV removal

So, I think I've gotten my brain around the actual removal of the valve.

My bigger problem is bleeding the clutch fluid once I'm done. I'm faily educated when it come to car stuff but must admit I've almost never taken a tool to my cars other than a few CAI instals. Is this something I should find someone local to help me with or can anyone handle it? (Never even changed my own oil...)

Anyone have any pics to walk me through it or does anyone know of a good write up somewhere? I've been searching but haven't been getting lucky with instructions for bleeding the fluid after the CDV removal.

I've also read that clutch an brake fluid are the same. Can someone confirm that please? Can I just pick up brake fluid at autozone or do I need to go to honda and pick up genuine honda fluid for the S2K?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

*whispering* hey, hey, over here.. dont take it off. save your money and have a nice clutch installed.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:44 AM

My clutch is still fine... The delay hasn't been bothering me too much, only really bad during really fast 2-->3 shifts at redline.

Just finally tired of it.... besides, wouldn't getting a new clutch just eventually burn that one out as well...
Old 07-14-2007, 10:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes the fluid is the same...
Old 07-14-2007, 10:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's the link to the removal that I did.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...ic=282205&st=0

Tim
Old 07-14-2007, 10:56 AM

Thanks Tim,

I thought I had seen a more detailed post like this a while back... Couldn't seem to find it though, you should post it in DIY!

This should help a lot.

Hey, If you're back in the country, is there any way I could coax you into helping out with this... beers for example ?
Old 07-14-2007, 06:36 PM

Just buy a 03 slave cylinder .. and save the old one. much easier..
Old 07-14-2007, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Shift_S2K,Jul 14 2007, 10:44 AM
My clutch is still fine... The delay hasn't been bothering me too much, only really bad during really fast 2-->3 shifts at redline.

Just finally tired of it.... besides, wouldn't getting a new clutch just eventually burn that one out as well...
uhm, nope. the problem with the setup is the pressure plate. it isnt strong enough to shut with the delay, on high speed slips. i have 40K miles on my disk, with a 400/400 plate. and i run a stock disk, stock flywheel, and ive launched on this disk over 3000 times. so i have the experience and R&D to tell you. the stock PP is the concern. taking off the delay is a bandaid on your elbow, for a sore on your knee.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:46 AM

Well the removal is done. Took me way longer than an hour cause I'm a noob.

Did a few hard shifts from 2nd to 3rd at redline and the clutch seems to grab quite well now.

S2oooNvegas, your argument about the clutch makes sense, but you definitely took the more expensive route. Did you even try the CDV removal? If you didn't and went straight to the new clutch, maybe you shouldn't be telling people to "save your money and have a nice clutch installed".

For having put the bandaid on my elbow, first impressions are that my knee feels a lot better... and I don't think it's the placebo effect but I'll know for sure with a few more days of driving it.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:49 AM

Oh, and thanks again for your help Tim

Quick Reply: About to tackle the CDV removal