S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

2006 Cold Air Intake, Available Yet?

Old 08-24-2006, 10:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sent an email to the K&N folks about the time I posted this up for discussion. I just got this back. It appears that they are sticking to their guns on the Aircharger product for the '06. 9HP gain seems to very tempting. I'd like to hear about the sound from BlackbulletS2K as well as the obvious question around performance. Also can anyone explain the difference between the Aircharger and the FIPK, they look the same. Thanx .....enjoy!

[I][COLOR=blue]Dear K&N Customer,

K&N intake systems are application-specific. Each intake kit is designed to fit a specific vehicle with a certain engine, within a specific range of model years. Intake kits do not cross over to other model year vehicles, to vehicles with similar body styles (Ford Explorer vs. Mercury Mountaineer), or to vehicles not specifically listed by year, make, model, and engine size in our application guide. If a kit is not listed specifically for your vehicle, it must be assumed that K&N does not offer a kit for that vehicle.

All K&N intake kit designs are submitted to the California Air Resources Board to apply for CARB exemption. Kits must be resubmitted to the board for each new application (vehicle model and model year) they are listed for. If exemption is granted, K&N will receive notice from CARB on average 9-12 months after the initial submission.

We recommend using our online application search to check which products are offered for your vehicle. To search, please visit http://www.knfilters.com/search/appsearch.aspx and enter the year, make, model, and engine size of your vehicle. All products offered by K&N to fit this vehicle will be shown. If a specific type of part is not listed, it is not offered for this vehicle.

If you have any further questions, please contact our Customer Service department at 1(800)858-3333.

Thanks for writing,

Thomas Walden
Technical Support
K&N Engineering

Thomasw@knfilters.com

Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2006 1:06 PM
To: tech@knfilters.com
Subject: 2006 Honda S2000

Greetings!

I just recently went from the
Old 08-24-2006, 06:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im running the mugen its fits fine
Old 08-24-2006, 06:52 PM

K&N includes the parts for the 06, this includes: two vac caps/hose caps and clamps to cover the two ports that are on the intake and a grommet for the IAT sensor, which you have to drill a hole for.

I'd rather have a clean setup without have to do that crap, not that drilling a hole is hard, I mostly don't want the other ports with the caps. I just want something made to fit the 06+ cars. I was bugging comptech for a bit but they were being slow (not a very fast moving product for them most likely).

Oh well.. I'll keep waiting.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:07 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave-ROR,Aug 24 2006, 08:52 PM
K&N includes the parts for the 06, this includes: two vac caps/hose caps and clamps to cover the two ports that are on the intake and a grommet for the IAT sensor, which you have to drill a hole for.

I'd rather have a clean setup without have to do that crap, not that drilling a hole is hard, I mostly don't want the other ports with the caps. I just want something made to fit the 06+ cars. I was bugging comptech for a bit but they were being slow (not a very fast moving product for them most likely).

Oh well.. I'll keep waiting.
As I suspected. This does NOT fit the requirements as presented by the original poster, even though it "fits fine".

I wish people would just answer the question as posted.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xviper,Aug 23 2006, 11:21 AM
Here is a picture of the thing you should have (according to the K&N site).

The tube on the left (inside of elbow) goes to the front valve cover breather tube. What do you do with that little tube that sticks out on the right side of the elbow?
I plugged that little tube and had to drill a hole for the IAT sensor. K&N provided everything with the product. I guess its not worth re-designing the tube for them so they're just requiring us to do a quick modification to the already existing tube.

Zacksdad2 - K&N might never design a intake specifically for the '06. I think they're gonna stick to what they already have so you might as well just buy it. Its very easy to modify so it works on a '06 plus the sound is great. I cant feel a performance difference but it sure sounds bitchin!
Old 08-25-2006, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by xviper,Aug 24 2006, 10:07 PM
As I suspected. This does NOT fit the requirements as presented by the original poster, even though it "fits fine".

I wish people would just answer the question as posted.
Sorry, my reply didn't quite answer it.

To my knowledge the answer is no.

Hence why I'm still waiting
Old 08-25-2006, 01:21 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave-ROR,Aug 25 2006, 08:28 AM
Sorry, my reply didn't quite answer it.

To my knowledge the answer is no.

Hence why I'm still waiting
I wasn't referring to you. In fact, I was trying to thank you for confirming what I had suspected right from the beginning of this thread.