S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

2006 Cold Air Intake, Available Yet?

Old 08-22-2006, 10:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2006 Cold Air Intake, Available Yet?

Go to my last post to see the email that I just got back from the folks over at K&N.

I know that there have been several threads already started over the past year about the 2006 model changes and the differences on the intake. But, most of these are a tad dated and was just wondering if anyone had anything new to post up as yet. I would really like to stick to the quality, name brand stuff with no additional drilling-plugging-stretching, just do this or that type of mods. I promised "momma" that anything that I did to the new '06 would be care free plug & play, no tech or tuner needed.

Also, I still have my Fujitsubo exhaust and would like to know what exactly would have to be bent to accomodate this new tunnel adjustment?

Thanx in advance,

Zacksdad2 (Scott)
Old 08-22-2006, 10:53 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

fujita - needs cutting i believe
K&N - does not need cutting..just replaces the stock airbox area.

and thats all i know..lol
Old 08-22-2006, 11:00 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Because the '06 doesn't have an airpump, the previous generation of CAI's would need that hole in the CAI plugged. If you want it to be "bolt on and go", then I think it's just a matter of time before AEM, K&N and Comptech will put something out (if they haven't already).
It has nothing to do with "cutting" or "no cutting". Even if AEM came up with one for an '06, it will likely require cutting. That's not what the OP is asking about.

As for the Fujitsubo exhaust, I've seen posts here from '06 owners who have installed the system on their cars. You'll have to get an answer from one of those to see what changes (if any) were needed.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xviper,Aug 22 2006, 11:00 AM
Because the '06 doesn't have an airpump, the previous generation of CAI's would need that hole in the CAI plugged. If you want it to be "bolt on and go", then I think it's just a matter of time before AEM, K&N and Comptech will put something out (if they haven't already).
It has nothing to do with "cutting" or "no cutting". Even if AEM came up with one for an '06, it will likely require cutting. That's not what the OP is asking about.

As for the Fujitsubo exhaust, I've seen posts here from '06 owners who have installed the system on their cars. You'll have to get an answer from one of those to see what changes (if any) were needed.
umm... from what i was told is the only difference is the 2006 models need a place for the IAT Sensor... and i spoke to AJ-R about it and they said that the J's Intake will fit MY06 cars just fine.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by jonathanschley,Aug 23 2006, 02:25 AM
umm... from what i was told is the only difference is the 2006 models need a place for the IAT Sensor... and i spoke to AJ-R about it and they said that the J's Intake will fit MY06 cars just fine.
Then that may be another difference. This may require existing intakes to have a new hole drilled to install the sensor. I doubt you can use the airpump hole to install the sensor.
So, if the existing J's intake has a hole to install the IAT sensor, then what do pre-'06 S2000s do about this hole?
Old 08-23-2006, 10:23 AM

Im running a K&N aircharger on my '06. Fits just fine
Old 08-23-2006, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by BlackBulletS2K,Aug 23 2006, 12:23 PM
Here is a picture of the thing you should have (according to the K&N site).

The tube on the left (inside of elbow) goes to the front valve cover breather tube. What do you do with that little tube that sticks out on the right side of the elbow?
Old 08-23-2006, 03:46 PM

i am pretty sure (99%) on the K&N they supply a cap to cover the male hose barb and you have to drill/insert rubber grommet to house the IAT.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by RadioZero,Aug 23 2006, 05:46 PM
i am pretty sure (99%) on the K&N they supply a cap to cover the male hose barb and you have to drill/insert rubber grommet to house the IAT.
The reason I'm asking is that if this is the case, then this CAI doesn't conform to the OP's guidelines:
I would really like to stick to the quality, name brand stuff with no additional drilling-plugging-stretching, just do this or that type of mods.
It may "fit fine", but if it requires drilling a new hole, plugging an existing one, it wasn't meant for the '06 as per the requirements set out in the first post.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackBulletS2K,Aug 23 2006, 02:23 PM
Did you have to modify the tube or, did you literally just install it and drive on? Any Codes popping up? Thanx in advance.

This thread is going exactly that way that us '06 owners need it to do. Right now, it still appears that we are on our own. Hard to believe that all of the S2KI sponsors and vendors have not addressed this for over a year now. But, whoever gets there first will sell a boatload........................., '07's are on their way!!

Quick Reply: 2006 Cold Air Intake, Available Yet?