S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

05 AP2 Airbag/SRS light on

Old 12-30-2014, 07:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 AP2 Airbag/SRS light on

Okay first a little back story a way months back I got into a fender bender ran into the back of a cute Korean/Asian girl and her moms Kia. Messed up my front bumper hood was bent like this "/\". However I hit them at like 5-10mph(dont drive tired) no airbags deployed and no airbag/SRS light on. Skip a few days later take the car to the body shop light still was not on, then a week later I get it back all fixed and the light is on.

Now I never cared that it was on and said screw it so its probably been 5+ months since then. However it is now an issue because I did my aftermarket wheel setup(yes idc for the safety speeches). I know the SRS light will come on with out the resistors which I have but that wont make it go off if the light was on prior.

Now the real help I need starts here otherwise im going to Honda: Yesterday I got off work and decided to try the SRS reset method. I took my aftermarket wheel and QR off then grabbed my factory airbag and plugged in the the yellow connectors on the back of the airbag to the connector on the SRS reel. Then I proceeded to do the SRS reset. I tried the wire method and the paper clip method but neither one of them worked the light didnt even blink on/off. Any reason why the reset wont work? Seats have never been removed etc as I said it wasnt on durning or after the wreck only after the body shop fixed my front end. My only other though was the WHOLE facotry wheel has to be on and not just the airbag plugged in is that possible?
Old 12-30-2014, 08:45 AM

Received 1,490 Likes on 1,003 Posts

At least the girl was cute.

What exactly, did the body shop do to the car? Sounds like they may have forgotten to reconnect something electrical. Check under the hood for connections.

That's my WAG.
Old 12-30-2014, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by windhund116
At least the girl was cute.

What exactly, did the body shop do to the car? Sounds like they may have forgotten to reconnect something electrical. Check under the hood for connections.

That's my WAG.
From my knowledge of remembery(i dont have the list of fixes. But if I recall it was replace front bumper, hood, hood latch. Maybe the headlamps, fenders. A friend said the same thing but I have no idea where to look for a possible SRS connection problem under the hood.
Old 12-30-2014, 04:42 PM

Received 1,386 Likes on 1,037 Posts

There is an impact sensor that senses g force and direction of impact. Bet they didn't hook that back up properly. I know its in front of car somewhere, not sure where. Hopefully seone else knows.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:08 PM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Follow the method in this video. It works exactly the same in the S2000 I've done it. This is a basic reset, you should see the light go off for at least a sec or two during the reset. That's how you know you did it properly and rule it out as a fix.

[media]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4t4ds8ae9tM[/media]

If that doesn't work then use that paperclip in the OBD port to get the code for the light. You will need to stick it into pins 4 and 9 and count how many times the light blinks.
Old 01-01-2015, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Adrenalize
Follow the method in this video. It works exactly the same in the S2000 I've done it. This is a basic reset, you should see the light go off for at least a sec or two during the reset. That's how you know you did it properly and rule it out as a fix.

[media]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4t4ds8ae9tM[/media]

If that doesn't work then use that paperclip in the OBD port to get the code for the light. You will need to stick it into pins 4 and 9 and count how many times the light blinks.
Ok finally got the SRS light to blink put on my resistors and it blinks twice goes off. But if the car im going to assume cuts off then on again in unspecified timeframe the light comes back on. Im using a 2.2ohm 5watt 5% resistor the block kind is that the wrong resistor?

Also some times it doesnt blink twice but blinks once and stays on. Im not sure if thats just me screwing up the timing of putting the paperclip in the second time or if it means something.

Il try the OBD method next and see what happens.
Old 01-01-2015, 08:37 AM

Ran out to the parking lot while at work and did the OBD method believe I got 4-2. Its hard to tell because in most videos the light did a rapid flash to signal start and end, mine only did it to signal the end and then repeat. Il post a video when I get off so someone can double check and make sure im right.
Old 01-01-2015, 01:16 PM

Ok guys so 4-2 is passenger seat belt tensioner. But who the hell would undo that? As I was having no interior work done prior to the wreck but I decided to check anyways. So I crawl my skinny self through the trunk, spare tire opening and look. HOLLY MOTHER OF COW TURD! IT WAS UNPLUGED! So then out of curiosty I blindly reach over and feel for the one behind the driver sealt HOLLY CRAP AGAIN! ITS UNPLUGGED! I pull back the other trunk panel lining connect it. Then reset the airbag light. Will update if I wake up for work in the a.m. and its back on. Hopefully not.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:00 PM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

a 4-2 would be a seat belt tensioner

http://honda-tech.com/tech-misc-15/f...-list-3111979/

Did you turn the car on after? If the light's off you're good!
Old 01-02-2015, 03:09 AM

Yup woke up this morning light came on then off the whole ride to work problem is officially solved. Thanks for the help guys. This post may now be closed.