S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

[ Amsoil Synthetic Oil ]

Old 07-03-2002, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by fperra
[B]Has anyone tried Amsoil differential fluid? Many years ago I used it in my RX7 which had a ported Racing Beat 13B engine which I Turbocharged, running 12 psi boost.
Old 07-04-2002, 02:46 AM

[B]Has anyone tried Amsoil differential fluid? Many years ago I used it in my RX7 which had a ported Racing Beat 13B engine which I Turbocharged, running 12 psi boost.
Old 07-04-2002, 08:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 07-04-2002, 12:43 PM

Originally posted by fperra
Does Amsoil make trany fluid?
For manual transmissions like most HONDA cars have, the transmission uses regular "engine" oil - you just need to get the right viscosity. When this is the case, synthetic is easy to substitute.

However, the S-2000 specifies HONDA MTF (Manual Transmission Fluid) and warns that regular engine oil doesn't have the additives needed to facilitate smooth shifting. I imagine that there are some lines of synthetic that would provide the correct performance, but it becomes harder to select the right product since MTF doesn't have an SAE rating for comparison.

Amsoil does make ATF (Automatic Transmission Fluid), but you don't want to put this in an S-2000.
Old 07-04-2002, 03:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Something to keep in mind, your warrantee might be affected if you use Redline or Amsoil. They might be better than the rest but they are not SJ SH certified and the manual recommends an oil with a SJ or SH rating. Something to consider.
Old 07-05-2002, 07:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by sounds
I gained 3 MPG in the HUMMER
so, in other words, you doubled your mileage

(sorry, couldn't resist, just being goofy)

ps i would LOVE to own a hummer, so i'm not flaming or criticizing it.

regards.
Old 07-09-2002, 08:38 AM

Originally posted by FormerH22a4
Something to keep in mind, your warrantee might be affected if you use Redline or Amsoil. They might be better than the rest but they are not SJ SH certified and the manual recommends an oil with a SJ or SH rating. Something to consider.
Those are good points to consider. I cannot speak for Redline or Mobil, but the Amsoil products I've used are SH and SJ rated. The Amsoil company has a wide range of products, and I've not had a problem meeting the requirements in the manual of any of my vehicles.

In addition, Amsoil has an interesting warranty. If your engine fails and the manufacturer warranty is denied because of the oil, then Amsoil will cover your warranty. This is provided that you use their complete engine system of: air filter, oil filter, and engine oil. You can check their web site for details. I know they have an oil filter that fits the S-2000, but I'm not sure if they have an air filter - so that might be a concern if you want all your bases covered.
Old 07-10-2002, 08:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 08-08-2002, 09:45 PM

Damn you guys are retatarted on the money issue on oils who cares for a 35000 dollar car you guys sound like you drive yugos..Maybe you guys live pay check by pay check..The pupose of this thread is to find out is amsoil is good for the motor if money and issue you shouldnt be driving this car!!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2002, 09:57 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DouglaS2000
[B]
And how can you be such cheapskates on oil when you're driving a 35k+ car??

Quick Reply: [ Amsoil Synthetic Oil ]