S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

***Help! TDC P1362 code...***

Old 06-16-2010, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok guys so i replaced the cps and still car wont rev more than 3k.. i also replaced the alternator and battery (thought maybe not enough power) but same... I just took off the ECU and I took it to get it check.. anything else you guys think I should check??
Old 06-16-2010, 03:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JesusGLS,Jun 16 2010, 11:40 AM
ok guys so i replaced the cps and still car wont rev more than 3k.. i also replaced the alternator and battery (thought maybe not enough power) but same... I just took off the ECU and I took it to get it check.. anything else you guys think I should check??
uhm maybe try a different ECU all together, but get it programmed, but that might be costly.....only other thing is it is possible that the timing chain got magnetized.....and i remember you saying you took the engine apart so it a real possibility, also have you double and tripple checked your work.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:30 PM

disconnect the negative and positive battery terminals.
touch them together, have a beer and then put them back on.

i had a similar problem on a previous car once and this solved it, computer had a brain fart i guess.

then again you just rebuilt the motor, could be mechanical.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:15 PM

Ok..I'll have the ecu reset.....also if chain where to b magnetized how would I b able to fix dat? Do I have to buy a new timming chain?
Old 06-17-2010, 02:17 PM

You haven't swapped the cam shafts have you? If you had swapped from a MY06+ they have different plates at the end of the cam shaft on the exhaust side. I had this issue when I was rebuilding my head and used the cam shafts from a MY05 on a MY06 w/ the MY06 sensor.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by JesusGLS,Jun 17 2010, 12:15 PM
Ok..I'll have the ecu reset.....also if chain where to b magnetized how would I b able to fix dat? Do I have to buy a new timming chain?
honestly im not sure, but ask around ! u might need a new one but i duno
Old 06-22-2010, 09:51 AM

ok.....i havent replaced the cams but I think the previous owner did...how do I know if he replaced them and what serial # are mine suppose to have???
Old 06-22-2010, 10:28 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

The chain being or not being magnetized would have no no impact.

I think your problem is the crank sensor and/or wiring.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Stratocaster,Jun 22 2010, 10:28 AM
The chain being or not being magnetized would have no no impact.

I think your problem is the crank sensor and/or wiring.
the chain being magnetized would definitley have a huge impact, it even says so in the helm manual. Not trying to be an ass haha just relaying what i read. ya i agree, check the crank sensor.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:26 PM

well to b honest dont know if it would have an effect but to get anything magnatized take more than just putting the chain or watever next to a mganet...

also... i already replaced the crank sensor ...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so this is what ive done so far and what i have replaced...

I replaced the crank sensor, alternator, battery, camshaft position sensors, and ecu..

Now when i had my original ecu code p1362 would come out. I would change the wires around and car would not turn on. I would then put everything back again and change the sensors and same p1362 code came out...

I then replaced the ECU and reprogramed my key to work with my ecu and well now the p1367 code would come out. I also did the same thing.. changed plugs nothing, then changed sensors and same code came out.. now the funny thing is that when sensor TDC 2 is connected the car will not turn on... but once i unplug it the car turn on but of course car will not pass 3k rpm and now it idles rough..

Im really out of ideas and dont know what else it could b...any other suggestions of what it can b?

Im kind of getting alittle tired of this and well wouldnt really like to get rid of the car but... i would really appreciate if you guys could help me out. THANKS!!!

Quick Reply: ***Help! TDC P1362 code...***