S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Zent's S2000 ownership experience

Old 11-25-2012, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Carbon Blue
I figured you might find this entertaining in case you have not seen! I wish I could find some of my "offs" from other drivers viewpoints. What happened?
/>/>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD9JG...1&feature=plcp
Yep that's me! I got pointed by there and went in to turn 3 way too fast. I didn't even turn in. I was just thinking "oops, I'm not going to be able to make this one" after I passed the guy in the blue S2000. I was more careful passing people after turn 2 later on in the day.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:54 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Is that a closed road in these YT vids? YIKES! You gotta keep it behind the lines buddy!
Old 11-26-2012, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Ultimate_Combination
Is that a closed road in these YT vids? YIKES! You gotta keep it behind the lines buddy!
Yes it is Thunderhill, located in northern California. There is a lot of line crossing at Thunderhill. Turn 8,11,12, and 13 have a lot of run out area. I like crossing the lines I don't like going off road.. but it happens. I have ordered some carbotech rp2s so I don't have any more scary moments with my hawk hp+ pads.

track map
Old 11-26-2012, 10:29 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I mean the two above YT posts which say 'Highway9East' in the titles?
Old 11-27-2012, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Ultimate_Combination
I mean the two above YT posts which say 'Highway9East' in the titles?
Oh I see. Those are another users videos, not mine. I agree with you. That is dangerous! Every time I go up to arrowhead (in southern ca) the front page of the newspaper frequently shows fatal accidents caused by people speeding up the mountain highway. I think it is fine to drive briskly, but it is not smart to push the limits on a public road.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:46 AM

tracks can be so much more forgiving ...if u spin out ,,,it most likely wont ruin your day ...on the street that mat not be the case
Old 03-11-2013, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by zentrose
Here is the S2000 again. Completely gutted. I still need to remove windows, make some fiberglass headlight deletes, and maybe add some light weight parts. I am keeping it registered for now. I will probably get pulled over at some point and have to non op it. I will get an acceleration video up next week.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atQJPM_ZgU4&list=UUHokmwhYA1sTHbBLxSpPZtA& index=1&feature=plcp[/media]
nice sound effect ...u sound like a cartoon ...btw any new vids >???
Old 03-12-2013, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by 03 9g
Hey, yes. I did one of other people's cars at GDS 9. I have a funny video of me passing a GTR at the track and the instructor asking me what I have under the hood! I haven't had much time to go through everything though, I am working on a big non-car related project.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siFUCAAnl80[/media]

I am still finishing up a video project on the S2000 that will be posted soon. It is more of a research project than a review, but it is turning out pretty nicely. It will probably be one of my last car videos for awhile. My car is for sale since I will be moving to southern California to pursue an engineering project this summer. I need to start making my money work for me
Old 04-09-2013, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by zentrose
Originally Posted by 03 9g' timestamp='1363016921' post='22395549
Hey, yes. I did one of other people's cars at GDS 9. I have a funny video of me passing a GTR at the track and the instructor asking me what I have under the hood! I haven't had much time to go through everything though, I am working on a big non-car related project.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siFUCAAnl80[/media]

I am still finishing up a video project on the S2000 that will be posted soon. It is more of a research project than a review, but it is turning out pretty nicely. It will probably be one of my last car videos for awhile. My car is for sale since I will be moving to southern California to pursue an engineering project this summer. I need to start making my money work for me
Best of luck with your move to Ca ...looking forward to your last vid ...btw how much are you selling your S for >??
Old 04-15-2013, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by 03 9g
Best of luck with your move to Ca ...looking forward to your last vid ...btw how much are you selling your S for >??
Thank you! I am selling it for a lot less than I put into it! That isn't really the point though. I got a lot of great experience from owning this car I ended up packaging everything together instead of parting the car out. I am planning to deliver it to the buyer next weekend. The buyer requested I put the interior back in along with the heater and the SRS stuff. I also wired up an aftermarket stereo with some good speakers since the buyer will be daily driving the car. Here are some pics:

SRS clock spring install. (There is a specific way to install these, luckily my friend has a lot of experience with it )

Zent's S2000 ownership experience-zazdf0f.jpg

driver air bag

Zent's S2000 ownership experience-vksifx1.jpg

passenger air bag

Zent's S2000 ownership experience-cal9h42.jpg

Interior completed. Clean smog certificate on driver seat.

Zent's S2000 ownership experience-nwfnylm.jpg

cleaned up and de-winged

Zent's S2000 ownership experience-oagtazw.jpg

I was planning on borrowing my Dad's truck but just found out that my parents are out of the country . I set up my landcruiser to tow with a shiny new hitch. Luckily these trucks come pre-wired for towing

Name:  uO4a0ZT.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  45.1 KB

That is all for now. Enjoy your car everyone

Quick Reply: Zent's S2000 ownership experience