S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Zaino Products

Old 03-05-2002, 08:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zaino Products

Hey guys i'm going to be picking up my02' s2k at the end of this month and was wondering which products should I buy from Zaino and where to get them? What specifically do I need Z-2?? claybar?? any response is greatly appreciated. I'm also thinking I should buy a case of these products. When should I apply these products a month after I drive my car??
Old 03-05-2002, 08:42 AM

From what I recall from past postings, they are only sold by calling them up. You need to see them on-line at www.zainobros.com (I think). The will supposedly help you with your needs. You may also want to do a search here since there is a lot of info on this product.
Old 03-05-2002, 08:52 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Zaino is absolutely awesome! Trust me, I'm a true believer in their products. YOU WILL LOVE THEM!!!

The best thing for you would be:

Z1, Z2 and Z6 plus the concentrated car wash soap! All of it is EXCELLENT!!! Be sure you use a 100% cotton towel to buff and your Berlina Black will be so smooth!

Here's a pic of my old S2000 after Zaino. . .

You should buy it from the distributor here, Steve Treece in Charlotte, NC as he accepts Credit Cards and Zaino in Jersey does not! Here's his info:

Carolina Shine (Distributor for Zaino Brothers Show Car Polish)
704-759-0142
cashine@juno.com

He also has a 1-800 number for ordering. . .
Old 03-05-2002, 08:53 AM

you can call them and speak with one of the brothers....

this is what they told me....

claybar
z-2
z-5
ZFX

I got the Z-6 for in between washing and coats of polish

and a bottle of show car cleaner/soap
Old 03-05-2002, 08:57 AM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

This was my first experience with the Zaino products, and after reading about them, I planned to apply the products as soon as I could after picking up the car. I ordered through their website (http://www.zainobros.com and received the stuff in about a week. I ordered:

(1) Z-2 Polish
(1) Z-6 Gloss Enhancer Spray
(1) Z-7 Car Wash
(1) ZFX Additive (so I could do multiple coats in a day, especially when it's still cold outside)
(1) Z-18 Clay Bar

I figured that Z-5 (Swirl Remover) won't be necessary on a new car (I was right, since I didn't allow the dealer to wash her).

After getting her home, I didn't drive her anywhere until I had 2 coats of Z-2 on.

The clay bar didn't make a big difference on the areas that were covered in plastic before delivery (surprise, surprise) though there was some difference. Elsewhere, it made a big difference in the feel of the paint, especially around the wheel wells where I could see some tiny black specks that wouldn't come off except with the clay bar. I'd say, don't hesitate - buy the bar!

I expect to buy more Z-2, Z-6 and Z-7 as I use them up. I'm convinced that this stuff is the greatest (I especially love the Z-6 - smells good and makes for a really, really slick surface!) I use it between Z-2 coats and after every wash.

Get the products, read the instructions, and go to it! You'll love the results!

JonasM
Old 03-05-2002, 09:28 AM

I have used most of Zaino's products, and I think that they're all great.

However here are things I recommend:

1) You don't need to buy by the case. I bought 2 bottles of Z-2 and I have yet to finish the first one off in almost 2 years (about 12 coats)!

2) While they are all great products, I feel that the only products worth the price are the polishes (Z-2 and Z-5). The polishes are hands down the best that I have used. While I strongly recommend that you always use a clay bar before you wax, the Zaino version is a bit pricey. The Mother's Clay Bar is just as good and less expensive. Likewise, Meguiar's Detailing Spray is almost as good as the Zaino Gloss Enhancer (Z-6) and there are other car washes/shampoos that are just as effective as Zaino's. But if you can afford it, Zaino is better at all except for maybe the clay bar.

3) Use 100% cotton towels. Get the Charisma towels cheap at http://www.cannonoutlet.com. If you have black, don't take any chances of scratching the paint with anything else.

Good luck, and please let us know how you like their products.
Old 03-05-2002, 10:48 AM

There is only problem I have found with having my S2000 Zainoed for over a year now. You do not get the 1st time water beading up satisfaction after a fresh wax job. IT ALWAYS BEADS UP after every wash and rain no matter if you Zainoed yesterday or 6 months ago. Of course this is a very good problem to have.
Old 03-05-2002, 10:56 AM

Yes, it's amazing how long the Zaino polishes last!

In fact, I will probably only wax twice a year now...
Old 03-05-2002, 11:33 AM

i received my order of zaino products a few weeks ago but haven't had a free weekend to do the whole process! the time required between applications is the major constraint. i ordered from www.zainobros.com (sent them a check in the mail, the only option) because the local distributor charges sales tax (website doesn't and shipping wound up cheaper than sales tax). i didn't get the zfx accelerator because most of the time it's warmer than 70 degrees anyway - just got the Z-1, which is much cheaper. i'll be using the claybar, Z-1, Z-2 and Z-6 regularly, as well as Z-5 for the first application because i let the dealer wash it before delivery.
Old 03-05-2002, 11:41 AM

There are many threads on "how" to apply the Zaino products in the Wash&Wax forums, check the "official" directions at Zaino's website.

Zaino doesn't accept credit cards, I ordered online with credit card from Eckler
(Eckler home )

Quick Reply: Zaino Products