S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Is your S2K a primary vehicle?

Old 03-06-2002 | 06:17 PM

6. Any trouble fixing a flat?

Pray never to get a flat on the road. You put the mini spare on the car, take the styro foam tool kit holder out of the bottom of the trunk well, and put it in the mini spare compartment. Then you have just enough room to stand the flat and its pretty aluminum wheel in the trunk well. However, if you have any significant quantity of luggage in that trunk, er, er, ...., I think you are in deep doo-doo. Perhaps you just leave it by the side of the road. In my case, perhaps I leave my wife by the side of the road, and pile the luggage on the passenger seat. No, that's not a good idea either.
Old 03-06-2002 | 06:32 PM

I drive my car every day. The only time I hate to drive it is when I'm really tired. The ride can be pretty harsh and I hate to shift when I'm half asleep. But then again, I shouldn't be driving if I'm that tired anyways.
Old 03-06-2002 | 06:36 PM

Hey thunderchicken... I live in indy too... not right now but my home town is Fishers Indiana. Where are you buying your honda? I'm going to buy my s2000 in Dan Young Honda in 96th street.(i think it's penski honda or something like that now) I have to buy it from there and drive it all the way to cali since I live here right now... I'm going to order mine in may because salesperson I know very well said they should be taking orders in may or somewhere around there for the 2003 model. Someone also said there may not be 2003 model comming out but I'm not for sure. Well..... if you get 2000, have fun with it!!!
Old 03-06-2002 | 06:38 PM

Thanks for your responses. I guess those were the "serious" answers I was looking for. It's not fair to waste a Honda salesman's time with all those testdrives and negotiiations if you find a car that wont suit your needs.

These answers really didn't challenge my quest for a S2000, but those are the things I'm going to be looking for when I testdrive since they could be annoyances on a day to day basis (not the flat tire thing, I hope).

This is a sports car, yes, I have a Monte Carlo now, It's too damn big and not fast enough, need a stick shift, and I think this is the car for me.

I'll frequent this board, a 32,000 dollar decision should take some time though, can't just go and do it, but it's definately a front runner.

Thanks again for your ideas.
Old 03-06-2002 | 06:42 PM

flytojungho,

I live around 86th and Michigan.

I've talked with Penskie (dan young) and Honda West. The Penskie dealership is getting in a light blue one (not one I really want), but worth the test drive. If you get one, look me up, don't know how long you'll be in Indy for, but being able to play around with some stuff would be helpful without an anal saleperson looking over your shoulder.

The Indy West is back ordered with all they have already spoken for. I'm a young guy (24) and the dealers around here don't give me that much interest thinking I'm just a poor young guy.

That's the disadvantage of being this age I guess.
Old 03-06-2002 | 08:01 PM

I drive about 75 miles / day in mine with no regrets.
Old 03-06-2002 | 11:15 PM

I have driven mine w/ about 1 inch of packed snow and unless you get snow tires, dont even think about driving on the white stuff. Getting going is not a problem. You can ease it into speed. Stopping and changing directions are. It will just abs to a stop (which will always take longer than skidding to a halt on the snow), plus RWD, High HP, and summer tires that are practially slicks. I used to drive Nissan 240 sx with no problem (did my share of tommi makkinen 4 wheel drifts) but this car will definitely not do snow w/ the stock tires. Dont drive fast during a rainstorm either.

other than that its an awesome car!

The heaters are great and they will burn your hands if you set it too high.

No really good place for conventional radar detectors because the plug is far. I use battery powered ones, which I put just above the dash.

Yes you can drive with your knees but you really shouldnt

Best time to buy is right before closing time saturday at the end of the month during fall. I got mine for MSRP (in 2000) w/ no haggling. I just walked in and drove out. They just wanted to get out of there as much as I did.
Old 03-07-2002 | 07:44 AM

Originally posted by thunderchicken

I'll frequent this board, a 32,000 dollar decision should take some time though, can't just go and do it, but it's definately a front runner.

Thanks again for your ideas.
You should be like me then... I've been wanting as well. I'm just using the excuse that I'm waiting to finish school to fully understand this car before committing myself. Your best bet is just to sit back and read what others have to say about the car, stay clear of those threads that are labelled "Oh; VTEC LAND" or "my baby arrived" those one tend to get you out of your seat and drive to the dealer

If you are not sure of yourself then take your time. It's still winter you're not going to miss out a lot waiting - you would rather enjoy the car fully than regret getting it.