S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Your most Ridiculous speeding ticket

Old 10-15-2012, 10:56 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Your most Ridiculous speeding ticket

I was driving around my college town with a buddy in the car, stretch of road that was normally somewhat patrolled, but I was in a pack of cars. I had a Suburban come up and nearly hit me from behind, then continue to ride about 2 feet off my rear bumper, we were all going 10 over already. I sped up a little, merged in front, the suburban floored it around me, SLAMMED ON THE BRAKES because she saw a cop, the cop turned on the lights, u-turned, and the Suburban ran the redlight we were coming to and the cop PULLED ME OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I even asked the cop 'You know I got passed by a big SUV when you clocked me right?!?' she replied 'I didn't see any other cars.' I wanted to say Are you freaking kidding me!! but instead I said 'yeah, and they ran the red light. I was sure you were going to go chase after them.'
I went to court and decided not to say anything because I figured the judge wouldn't give a crap anyway. He was being a dick to everyone and not reducing anything at all. I really, really wanted to say something, but I held my tongue. Probably would have been in jail that night had I said something.

Does anyone else have any crazy stories (I know you do) that you'd like to share?!? I've got some other ones where I was 'let off hook' so to speak because the cop was in a similar situation and felt sorry (like my first wreck in my dad's '84 S-10 on a wet newly paved curve...I ended up facing the wrong way, on the wrong side of the road, down in a 6 foot ditch, I was 16 )

Lets hear'em