S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

your choice of intake

Old 04-12-2007, 12:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default your choice of intake

whats ur intake of preference and why? stock, gutted, aem? etc....
Old 04-12-2007, 12:47 AM

My choice would be stock. But if you are racing in a track , i would buy a snorkel for the stock intake.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:45 AM

My choice would be for you not to start a thread about something that has been beaten to f.... death on this forum. Do a search son!
Old 04-12-2007, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by s2kMago,Apr 12 2007, 03:41 AM
whats ur intake of preference and why? stock, gutted, aem? etc....
I'm FI now, but before the SC/AC I had an AEM V1 with the bypass valve and an umbrella. I put the V1 on the car because I'm an induction noise junkie and I STILL miss the beautiful sound of the F20C's induction noise as the red line approaches. I like the extra power with FI, but I still miss the beautiful music I could make with the V1.

The V2 should not have the problems with hydrolock that the V1's had, so you should not need the bypass valve (and I don't think it even works with the V2), but if you go this route you might want to install an umbrella or plug the drain hole that lets water drip down on the filter. It takes a little work to install a CAI so that it will be problem free, but IMO it's well worth the effort (that is, if you like induction noise as much as I do).
Old 04-12-2007, 12:17 PM

If you use the search and reopen an old thread people will give you guff for reopening an old thread. If you don't use search and start a new thread people will give you guff for opening a new thread on an old topic. The only way to satisfy everyone is to remain silent and find another place to ask your questions.

You search hounds need to do a search on searching. You'll see that most people find the search engine ineffective. If you can't find this by searcyhing, then you too have found the engine to be ineffective. Either way the threads you find or the engine that won't find them for you just might convince you to stop ragging on people for asking questions that have been asked before.

If we only start threads involving issues that have never been discussed before S2kI will be the deadest forum on the Web, because there is almost nothing that we haven't already covered. My suggestion would be for the people who can't tolerate repeat questions to simply ignore them and let everyone else enjoy and benefit from our forums in peace. If you guys get your way we can all just stop posting, because everything is already in the archives.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:22 AM

thanks man, i really love that sound. i loved the short ram on my b16 just cause of the sound but i really want to go with something thats going to sound good and be something thats going to benifit my car. i dont want to regret it later on and be like "i should have not even wasted money on this" happens all the time but really want my first mods to be put to good use. i was thinking about the comptech or the v2 but really gonna try and do a little research. anyone have a comptech thats wants to share their opinion? thanks again for ur input!
Old 04-13-2007, 02:31 AM

K&N Gen II - gives 9.55 HP...see link and enjoy!
http://www.kandn.com/dynocharts/57-3514.jpg
Old 04-13-2007, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by silencertk,Apr 12 2007, 06:45 AM
My choice would be for you not to start a thread about something that has been beaten to f.... death on this forum. Do a search son!
Man give the guy a break. He looks to be a new member and is asking a fair question and I thought these forums were to inform and help.

I use a snorkle.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:45 AM

dont buy any of those cheap $10 intakes from ebay. They dont fit and look like shit. I really want a J's but they'er too damn much...
Old 04-13-2007, 07:44 AM
-Q-

Ok, here's my question... i know that there are spoon snorkel replicas, and even a mugen intake replica. Has anyone ever heard of a J's racing replica (either the snorkel or the Tsuchinoko)?

I've seen J's replicas for civics and such, but not for the S2000. Then again, i haven't been in the community as long as some of you have though...

Quick Reply: your choice of intake