S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Are you for real!

Old 04-03-2008, 02:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by marks_lude,Apr 3 2008, 02:05 PM
i would have said "put me in your cruiser if you have to, take me to my house, and i will show you the paper work for my autocross region membership which is proof i use my modifications for sanctioned legal racing."

im suprised there was no way for them to get out of all the citations based on the fact that there is nothing close to proof they were done for street racing. cali is crazy, lol
I was thinking the same: "I'll be happy to give you a ride in my car at the track if you'd like to meet me for the next lapping day."

I don't know California law, but I would say that search and seizure ticketing would not be justified here because being at a street racing venue does count as probably cause. Simply being there is not an indication that you may possess contraband.

You might find a gun in my car that was used in a murder (well, you wouldn't in my car), but if you found it by breaking in to my car with no justified probable cause then you may as well have not found it at all. Inadmissible.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:47 PM

That is some REALLY DEEP .
G'luck to those in Cali.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow. this stereotyping of enthusiasts is just generic bigotry.

cops where i live now seem to focus on safety, and its very refreshing. maybe they have crime to fight and better things to do!

i wish there was some real recourse for victims of this sort of thing. and the courts... yeah, sure. saying you have recourse because you can spend 3-4 work days fighting a $200 ticket is just like saying "if you just wait in the restaurant for 3 hours, we MIGHT give you your money back because the food made you puke." that's no recourse.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:58 PM

The average police department is simply a self-perpetuating revenue machine with the long lost purpose of catching criminals and enforcing the law. How many times have you read about or saw a roadblock for silly things like seatbelt laws, and yet when someone breaks into your house, or steals your car, it can take hours, and sometimes days before someone is out to take a report.

Don't shoot any intruders, but if you live, we will be out to take a report at our convenience.

I used to be a cop, and it was the VAST presence of bullies and crooks in the departments that convinced me that I wanted a job that I could be proud of.

Sad but true.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:59 PM

"If you're not into street racing, why would you need that?" Riverside Police Traffic Sergeant Skip Showalter asked an enthusiast during a similar crackdown last year. "Why would you want more power going to your car?"

Omg. Because its America and I f*ing can. Papers please, I am the police. Go do some warrantless searches on known crack houses and gangs and leave people alone
Old 04-03-2008, 03:12 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I rather spend the money on an attorney then bending over and taking it up the ass by the state!
Old 04-03-2008, 03:22 PM

Received 241 Likes on 180 Posts

Something tells me that there is more to this story than what is written up in an "automotive law enforcement abuse" blog.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i wonder what the police's side is... this reminds me of the crackdown they did in oakland a little while ago... at least then the cops had reason because they actually videotaped people racing but this is just plain BS
Old 04-03-2008, 04:03 PM

here in Toronto, their used to be a big car show called dark nights, and after the show cops used to line up one by one giving each person tickets for unnecessary/ illegal modifications! bastards have nothing better to do!
Old 04-03-2008, 04:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's f***ing stupid, I'm not paying my taxes for that. I think the police dept should get sued for that and I can see the winning case going through.

Quick Reply: Are you for real!