S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

You might have the Spring Spacers if...

Old 02-14-2002, 11:55 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by StwoK
[B]

wanabe ......... How did you find out that you still had the spacers in the rear spring(s) ??

It may not be Honda's problem in a court of law,
Old 02-14-2002, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My post regarding my custom designed "Ride Height Guage" was only partly tongue-in-cheek (the last part about it being a product for sale).

The procedure (and the "tools" used) is a valid, scientific and, most importantly, a repeatable method of measuring (for comparison to a car that is "known" to have all the spacers removed) the "proper" ride height.

I actually did this myself and the resultant measurements are in my other post. It seemed to me that almost everyone would be able to find the "tools" I refered to and could do the measurements and post them here.

I did this in hopes of getting comparison information so I wouldn't have to jack my car up and climb under (old, lazy and a banged-up hip) or take it to the dealership and risk being branded a paranoid unless I had a good idea that the spacers would be there.

Thanks,

Duffer
Old 02-16-2002, 04:32 PM

You might have the Spring Spacers if... You actually find one...!

Well, I can hardly believe it. There it was....!!! How could it be?!!!!?

I was changing out the dampers and springs today and could not believe a spring spacer had been left in the right front spring. I have had the car since 1999 and have done work with the wheels off, etc., and never noticed it because it was between the shock and the car body.

If anyone want to be absolutely sure no spacers have been left in place, either count how many have been taken out or check the springs completely around the shocks by [/i]feeling[/i] for any possible spacers left in place.
Old 02-20-2002, 03:31 PM

Yo duffer, it sounds like you may have some spacers in there...Upon reading your "silent call for help" in your last post I took it upon myself to run outside in this frigid, dreary weather we're having, (you're welcome ) and checked my measurements vs. yours. In the front, my left and right sides averaged about 1.5", and in the rear closer to 1.875". Note: this method doesn't take into account tire wear, if you have baldies, mine are brand new, less than 1100 smoke-free miles. P.S. I hope you're not going to raise a big fuss over copyright infringement on that gage of yours as I have closet-fulls of copies, lol
Old 02-20-2002, 04:18 PM

Thanks, Krystallcati

I guess she goes up on the rack tomorrow. If I find the spacers in there and she handles any better than she does now, I may be dangerous.

No problem on your collection of "copies". Just take a rough count times $39.95 and send me a check and no further legal action will be required.

Duffer
Old 02-20-2002, 06:56 PM

Was reading the thread and thought I would check it out,sure enough there was a rubber type spacer on driver side front... That was the only one. It's only been one and a half years and up to 139 miles per hour ,makes you think!! Thanks for the info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-20-2002, 07:03 PM

Here's what my good friends in Team San Diego did with my spacers after they discovered them in my car and helped me remove them right there in the parking lot in the middle of a run......

Don't I feel clever!!!

12,780 Miles on these

Joel
Old 02-20-2002, 07:09 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by griffindodd
[B]Here's what my good friends in Team San Diego did with my spacers after they discovered them in my car and helped me remove them right there in the parking lot in the middle of a run......
Don't I feel clever!!!
Old 02-20-2002, 07:17 PM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

The paranoia on the bard is a good thing. I made sure my car was fully checked out before delivery:

Now I can sleep at night....

JonasM
Old 02-20-2002, 09:25 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JonasM
[B]The paranoia on the bard is a good thing. I made sure my car was fully checked out before delivery:

Now I can sleep at night....

Quick Reply: You might have the Spring Spacers if...