S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

You might have the Spring Spacers if...

Old 02-09-2002, 07:40 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by StwoK
[B]Another thread on Spring Spacers found only on the rear.
Old 02-09-2002, 08:22 AM

Received 5,799 Likes on 3,418 Posts

I think your 2 in front and 3 in the back test checks out... I've inspected mine previously, and I get the same distances as yours.
Old 02-09-2002, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know how many spacers are put into the car? When I pick mine up, I want them to give them to me.
Old 02-09-2002, 08:39 AM

I'm like Moonpie - I think I've checked a hundred times! Yesterday I ran your finger test - three in back, THREE in front, but no spacers. Think the fact that the car only has 1000 miles could have something to do with it? The front springs are easy to see above the tire in the well, and there ain't anything stuck in them! (I'm probably going to go check again, though...)
Old 02-09-2002, 09:21 AM

Received 135 Likes on 73 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by matrix
[B]Does anyone know how many spacers are put into the car?
Old 02-09-2002, 09:39 AM

Thanks JonasM, I am going to make sure I have ALL of them in my hands.
Old 02-09-2002, 10:20 AM

Originally posted by JonasM
"Notice: Maximum Speed 12 MPH (20 km/h)
Hard Rubber spacers are fitted to the suspension to increase ground clearance. The spacers reduce handling performance and exceeding the 12 mph (20 km/h) limit can damage the car.
Remove all spacers at P.D.I. (10 front, 4 rear).
Lift at jack points only.
JonasM
Too bad but I think that the person(s) who do the PDI don't know how to read. I had my salesperson specifically right a note saying "DO NOT INSTALL FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET" when the car was delivered and guess what I found in front when I picked up my car after PDI.

OK, I'll go check for those spacers today.
Old 02-09-2002, 11:19 AM

Received 5,799 Likes on 3,418 Posts

Originally posted by s2kskibum
I'm like Moonpie - I think I've checked a hundred times! Yesterday I ran your finger test - three in back, THREE in front, but no spacers. Think the fact that the car only has 1000 miles could have something to do with it? The front springs are easy to see above the tire in the well, and there ain't anything stuck in them! (I'm probably going to go check again, though...)
If you come in at an angle you can get three in the front, but if you align with the flat part of the front tire -- its probably two.
Old 02-09-2002, 11:21 AM

OK. I think I'm finally satisfied that my spacers are gone After a good wash today, and failing the 3/2 finger rule, I checked yet again. The back springs are very easy to see if you lay down underneath the car. Make sure you get a good look all around the springs. The front springs I simply jacked the front of my car up so the wheel was off the ground. This gave good visibility to the outside of the springs. To make sure there weren't any spacers hidden, I ran my hand in between the dirty, greasy springs on the backside. I also reached up in the hidden area at the top of the springs to make sure.

Too bad we have to go through all of this, but at least I feel better now. Regardless of the amount of spring spacer threads that come up in the future, I know mine are gone
Old 02-09-2002, 11:53 AM

I was slightly confused too, Mav. Your first post said, and I quote...

"You might have the spring spacers if: NOT more than two fingers fit in the front fender gap, and NOT more than three fingers fit in the rear fender gap."

You should have said either " You might have spacers if you CAN fit more than..." or "You probably DON'T have spacers if NOT more than..."

That being said, I have passed the "finger test" :-)

-David

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Maverick-Goose
[B]

Quick Reply: You might have the Spring Spacers if...