S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Yellow S2K..too high profile?

Old 06-30-2001, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yellow S2K..too high profile?

I would like to purchase a yellow S2000. I do have some concern. Is it too high profile? catch too much attentions? I am worried that the car will be vandalized since it is too eye catching.

What do you guys think? especially the ones who own a yellow S2K....

advice pls...

BTW, I live in SF Bay Area!
Old 06-30-2001, 05:22 PM

I just got back from a casual drive and there was a car-load of asian girls giving me the thumbs up. But generally I try not to go to run-down ghetto places. As long as you can keep an eye on your car, I'd say you're fine anywhere. Not much of a problem in SoCal so far. The real problem is letting other people wash your car -- DON'T.

Bottom line though, after the first few weeks, your anal-ness will go away and you'll feel more comfy leaving it places without worrying too much. That's what insurance is for, and life is here to enjoy and is not meant to be spent in constant worry.
Old 06-30-2001, 05:40 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SteveUCI
[B]

Bottom line though, after the first few weeks, your anal-ness will go away and you'll feel more comfy leaving it places without worrying too much.
Old 06-30-2001, 06:21 PM
S2R

This car attracts attention in any color. Just pick the color you like, attention is inevitable, so just enjoy it. Like Steve points out, insurance will take care of it.
Old 06-30-2001, 06:34 PM

Not to be scarying you or anything but my car is yellow and my lights got vandalized not to long ago, but then again i live in ny so that might be more of the reason rather than the color, but to correct a reply above the car in any color does not cause the same attention, why cause i have cruised down local street with a red and a silver and only mine is pointed to, its just like the type r, in yellow they see you a mile away, in blk not so much. Even standing still the car looks fast in yellow, at least its what i hear, then again i am the first of only two yellows in the Bronx, NY so that depends on how many yellow there are in CA

P.s. Insurance is the best guard no matter what color you get, why? cause i will tell you by experience that if they want it they will get it. No alarm, no lojack, no pedal locks, the only safety is "A FULL COVERAGE POLICY"
Old 06-30-2001, 07:43 PM

Yellow is the best color to own, think about it, not only will you have a hella fun car to drive, but you'll get lots of attention and make new friends. Life is to short to worry about vandalizm, thats what god invented insurance for. Buy it, You'll love it.
Old 06-30-2001, 07:56 PM

My thoughts exactly!
Old 06-30-2001, 08:30 PM

I own a yellow. I don't think that I attract any more attention than a red or silverstone would. A sleek, fast convertible will always attract attention.
Old 06-30-2001, 09:20 PM

I just picked up my SpaYellow S2K from the dealer today!!
Besides my love for the SpaYellow color on the Stook, I also decided on this very color for the attention it gets. When I drive my Stook, I WANT to be noticed!!! I know it's vain, but it feels great to be the center of attention, especially since I don't have a girlfriend at this time, so it's all ME ME ME ME ME!!

Is SpaYellow a great color... YOU BET!!!
Does SpaYellow get attention.... YOU BET!!!
Do Chics dig SpaYellow Stook.... YOU BET!!!
Do Dudes dig SpaYellow Stook.... YOU BET(but I don't care unless it's from a fellow S2K'er )
Do I LOVE being noticed in a SpaYellow S2K.... YOU BET!!!
Do I have Full Insurance Coverage.... YOU BET YOUR ARSE!!!
Do I think you should get the SpaYellow S2K.... What Do You Think?!?!
Old 06-30-2001, 10:31 PM

Of course the yellow sticks out. This is not me being negative about any other color but I have had people tell me that they have seen silverstone and red S2K's and it took them awhile to realize what they were. They said that the yellow is the most noticeable followed by white and then black. I would think that red would be pretty noticeable but I have heard this from a lot of people both car buffs and not.

None the less, color is subjective and you should get what you want. I have always wanted a yellow sports car and what better car to get than the S2K.

All the colors are cool, I just happen to be partial to the blinding loud yellow one.

Kirk

Quick Reply: Yellow S2K..too high profile?