S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Xpel and other Clear Bra Users

Old 11-03-2002, 09:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got it on the headlights... about 6 months now. No yellowing or haze at all, crystal clear! There is one mark on one of them that indicates it already absorbed the impact of a rock. That makes me very happy
Old 11-03-2002, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You do not want to do this on your bumper if you are not really skilled at that sort of thing. The guy that did mine was an absolute wizard. It is almost impossible to tell that it is on there.
Old 11-03-2002, 11:21 AM

destiny - do you have garage parking/covered parking at work? and is it garage kept at home?
Old 11-03-2002, 02:37 PM

Garage kept at home.
Old 11-05-2002, 04:39 AM

My company Invisiguard installs 3M paint protection kits in the SF bay area, I have heard some of the horror stories people have told of their install, all I can say is that the problems people mentioned seemed to be due to poor installation and even worse customer support, than the actual product itself. This is what hurts honest installers the most since it makes the whole idea of paint protection kits look bad, thats why we give a full lifetime warranty on all kits we install for the original purchaser. The way Stonegard has treated other S2000 forum members is exactly what Im talking about. The real cost of the job is in the install, good installers dont come cheap, cheap installers dont come good. Always ask to see the job your installer did on his own car, ask for references and no matter what get a warranty in writing! Also, be certain your installer is using urethane film and not vinyl film. Vinyl film is pennies on the dollar compared to urethane but is what is associated with the cracking, peeling, and yellowing that happened in the past. Vinyl evaporates at a much faster rate than urethane, thats what you smell when you open a new beach ball or shower curtain. This is the material losing plasticisers and actually shrinking. If youve ever seen a convertible tops window after a few years you know what I mean. with urethane film this is all but eliminated, the only exception is on straight white cars where due to the high contrast, any change of tint is detectable. Even at that, we have it installed on a white jetta thats 4 years old that is only noticeable under close scrutiny. Once installed the film can be washed, waxed, and treated as any other painted surface, we actually recommend Zaino since it dries clear and theres no noticeable wax buildup along the edges of the film. And last, I have installed many S2000 kits, and its by no means a beginners kit, I wouldnt recommend it to any one as a DIY project. If anyone has any other questions about paint protection film, feel free to write me at Invisiguard@sbcglobal.net
Jeremy
Old 11-05-2002, 04:44 AM

Ntphan, if its not to far a drive, Rob at maryland Performance Works is probably the best place on the east coast to get a kit installed. He has over 7 years of experience and is a true artist, contact him at mdperfworks@md.prestige.net tell him Jeremy from Invisiguard sent you, he'll take care of you!
Old 11-05-2002, 07:00 AM

Hey Jeremy,

Any installers in Socal that you know of. Thanks.
Old 11-05-2002, 07:29 AM

get a hold of Edre at Envision Design Labs, he does great work, edl@envisagedesignlabs.com tell him Jeremy from Invisiguard sent you, he'll give you a good deal.
Old 11-05-2002, 02:40 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I've got "Speedfilm" on my S. Here is the link: http://www.speedfilm.net./

Dave (Speed2000) will sell you the pre-cut kit if you think you want to attempt the install yourself. It is tricky but if you have patience you will save a bunch of money. He will provide the needed tools and an instructional video.

A little insider info: The film that everyone sells is usually 3M Scotchcal, very good stuff. The only difference is the die cut pattern, some patterns have better coverage than others. The kit that Dave sells has about the best coverage I've seen for the S2000.

Here are some pictures of the install on my yellow S2000:
http://www.s2000atlanta.com/cgi-bin/pgalle...osiba/speedfilm
Old 11-05-2002, 03:16 PM

Originally posted by Invisiguard
Ntphan, if its not to far a drive, Rob at maryland Performance Works is probably the best place on the east coast to get a kit installed. He has over 7 years of experience and is a true artist, contact him at mdperfworks@md.prestige.net tell him Jeremy from Invisiguard sent you, he'll take care of you!
Thanks Jeremy,

It's about 30 miles from me. Will see!!

Quick Reply: Xpel and other Clear Bra Users