S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

XERD turbo update...Again...

Old 03-06-2003, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi.. I just wanted to chime in as someone from another club that has been screwed by XERD/MPH

take a look at this post on ASOG (Avenger Sebring Owner's Group)

http://bbs.asog.net/viewtopic.php?t=41931&...der=asc&start=0

and feel free to do a search on recent posts about XERD there are quite a few.

Lets see..

XERD has been good and bad for ASOG.

Originally one of our members was referred to their owner Eyal when inquiring about getting a set of headers made for our cars to eliminate the precats (our v6 engines are not blessed as far as aftermarket support is concerned).

XERD came to us, designed a new product (headers), promised to produce a slew of other products for ours cars (see the twin turbo post above), and organized a initial group buy.

The initial buy went fairly well, although there were snags. Some members only received half of the product and had to wait weeks or months to get the rest of it. All of us waited over 6 weeks after we had paid Eyal for the headers to receive them. Including 2 weeks because Eyal was waiting on special order boxes w/ XERD's logo... (the headers came in no such box).
Those are small things though

in recent months (3-4) there has been the incident w/ Robert's (Bun504's) car, several members have paid for headers, mufflers, catbacks, and other products after the buy and have not received them at all and to my knowledge XERD has screwed every Canadian member that has ordered anything from them. (I'm not sure why he can't send products to Canada but apparently he doesn't).
The last time I asked (few weeks ago) Burn504 still did not have his car, or any of the money he paid XERD.

My advice is to stay away.

I personally have had no problems w/ XERD. I participated in the initial buy and received my headers in a reasonable amount of time (kinda) but seeing the way they treat others I wouldn't chance wasting money on that company again.
Old 03-06-2003, 01:33 PM

Hello everyone,

Allow me to to explain a few things.

First of all, no one ever got ripped off by XERD, the twin turbo kit on "burn504" cars was built, he just didnt want to wait any longer, he didnt have a car for a few months and needed it back. He is still waiting for a word on when the production kit will come so he could install it, i even told him if he wants a refund he will get one, its up to him (he only paid for parts and there is no profit on his deal and he knows it).

2nd, the whole eclipse forums, there are 2 major people who are really pissed off about things that happened with MPH and because i was the last person at MPH that was still trying to help people got stuck with a bad rep.

Now every company sometime has back ordered or the ship the wrong product sometime and that happened with XERD, but if that happens then of course we would fix the problem. Its very easy for people to start pointing fingers at the whole MPH thing if one thing goes wrong, but thats not the case with XERD.

NO one ever took XERD or myself to court. I dont care what people say about MPH because i wasn't the only person there, XERD is my company and nothing like happened with MPH will ever happen with XERD.

We are 100% honest with our customers if we dont have anything in stock and tell them how long they have to wait for it. Most of these posts about people who dont even know what really happened, they just believe everything they read.

I'll make it very simple and easy for people to stop this talk. WE will not charge anyone's credit card until the product is ready to ship. We offer a 3 year warranty on our products, we are making more and more parts and very soon we wont even sell retail anymore and will go only wholesale. XERD is doing very well, so please make your own decisions about the company which has nothing to do with MPH.

If everything people are saying is true then how come i am not hiding, what am i doing trying to make and sell parts on the Internet using my real name?

Time will tell.

Thanx. Eyal
Old 03-06-2003, 01:41 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by turbo_pwr
[B]I don't see why you guys are getting upset.
Old 03-06-2003, 01:47 PM

One last thing if anyone is going to start accusing me of things that are not true, i have a very clean record, i am not a criminal or have never been accused of anything illegal except a few speeding tickets

As for MPH, i didnt see any money out of that company, i have invested my own money into it. When you have more then one person running a business, things could get ugly and because you try to be the good guy at the end it doesn't always work. Simple facts i didnt take one paycheck from MPH when i was a part of it or any customers money.

XERD is owned by myself and i dont have any partners or anyone else running this business. Sure mistakes happen, i fix them, just like with any business.

Like i said before, we will not charge anyone's credit cards until the item is ready to ship, cant get any more simple and legal then that.

Eyal
Old 03-06-2003, 02:27 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I look forward to tracking Pierce's experience.
Old 03-06-2003, 02:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Eyal,

While I admit that Burn504 wasn't the model citizen when making certain claims against you, even reading his (and others') claims against you with a large grain of salt produces a bad taste in my mouth. True, we don't know the whole story, but from the looks of it, neither the complaintants NOR you is being very forthright about the situation.

As I stated earlier, the fact that people were complaining about issues with MPH is, for all intents and purposes, a moot point. You were directly involved in MPH (being the president and legally labeled on the business license as the main financial party) as well as your brother, and therefore any issues with MPH during your tenure there need to be resolved. Your obvious refusal to take ANY sort of responsibility with what happened at MPH during your tenure does not speak well about you as a businessman, regardless of you now backing a different company.

Again I will state that only a handful of people know what really happened in each incident, but you're ststements both on this board and others do not seem to jibe.

To whit:
1) "...he just didnt want to wait any longer, he didnt have a car for a few months and needed it back." Fine...did you return his car within a reasonable time period when he asked for it? One moment you are claiming he has asked for the return of his car, yet on the other board he claims months down the road you STILL have not returned his car. You admit to a customer request, yet it seems you have failed to abide by that request.

2) "...i even told him if he wants a refund he will get one, its up to him." From the sound of it, he wanted a refund months ago. For whatever reason he did not receive a refund and therefore had to turn to a judge to award him more than he originally paid (I believe he was awarded $5000 as opposed to roughly $3500 he originally paid you). Months went by and he didn't even receive that. Again, you failed to abide by a simple customer request which pushed you even further into a corner.

3) "Now every company sometime has back ordered or the ship the wrong product." This is true. However, good companies will tell the whole story with nothing added in to save their own skins, providing refunds if necessary. Telling customers they have to wait 2 more weeks because your XERD logo boxes weren't in yet, only to ship them later on without the special boxes (which most likely never existed in the first place) is plain bad business.

4) "NO one ever took XERD or myself to court." You have admitted to at least one lawsuit with Burn504, in particular, even meeting him in the courtroom to try to work things out after missing at least one court date. This is a bold-faced lie on your part and TOTALLY INEXSCUSABLE. To realize how easily you will lie shows me, and others I'm sure, that dealing with you or any business you are a part of is a major risk. This goes beyond saving face, this kind of a statement approaches the criminal.

5) "WE will not charge anyone's credit card until the product is ready to ship." That's an easy statement to make. Even if you WERE to charge the card early and the product never shows up, the consumer has the option of stopping payment using the credit card company. But what about cash customers? Canadian customers? People whose legal rights drop a notch because payment is either harder to deny without a huge CC company to back them up or legal battles are more difficult across country boundaries?

6) "We offer a 3 year warranty on our products." A warranty means bupkis if the company ceases to exist 6 months down the road. What about the warranties offered by MPH? Those aren't worth the piece of paper they're printed on now. If/when XERD should fail, are you, Eyal, as a singular person going to back up those warranties, or will you hide behind the easy escape wall of "I'm no longer with that company!" as you've done so easily with MPH and its customers?

7) "XERD is doing very well, so please make your own decisions about the company which has nothing to do with MPH." I'm not saying its true, but the possibility is there considering the facts we all have at hand...if XERD is basing its increased abilities and products on the money received from shady MPH deals, or even on questionable deals done directly with XERD, then can we REALLY say XERD is doing well? If the main owners of XERD, MPH, and other companies is the same family, how can we NOT base our opinion on how good a company is by how good previously owned companies were ran? As I've said in the past, most here won't associate good business with a company name (unless it's an established name and we're being fooled), we associate it with the person (when we know better).

8) "If everything people are saying is true then how come i [sic] am not hiding..." Again, not saying that it's true, but I can think of one very GOOD reason to do it..."there's a sucker born every minute" (P.T. Barnum). Regardless of how many people may thing you're a crook/theif/what-have-you, there will always be a customer with money willing to trust you, or one who doesn't know the whole story and wants to make a deal. Plenty of us know about the poor email scam where someone writes "If you just send me your bank account # to store $120 million in, I'll let you keep $20 million for your trouble". So why does it keep popping up? Because someone always falls for it.

You may be a stand-up kind of guy, but so far your replies and actions haven't made you look that way in my book. Prove me wrong...settle the court cases by paying people their money, return their property on time, give refunds immediately when asked, ship products as soon as possible with NO made-up excuses as to why they will ship out "next week", and act like a responsible businessman.

I think you'll find quite a few more people on this board with the resources to chase you down should the need arise than you have previously seen on some other boards. Who knows, maybe a bit of paranoia is all it will take to make sure everyone flies straight, but I'm all for honesty by paranoia if it will save someone from getting the shaft.
Old 03-06-2003, 02:46 PM

After all of this "circumstantial" evidence. The only thing I can say is...No thank you. Why would someone want to deal with a company with this many ????'s surrounding them? Especially, after reading the other posts in the other forums.

Thanks Avenger & DSM for giving everyone the heads up.
Old 03-06-2003, 02:49 PM

Just a correction. Burn has not taken Eyal to court (yet, he is in the process) nor has he gotten the car back, or any compensation, legal or otherwise. SolarEklipze is the 3G member who has taken Eyal to court and been awarded the $5000.

Other than that, damn MacGyver, all I can say is :OWNED:.
Old 03-06-2003, 02:54 PM

Originally posted by MacGyver
Old 03-06-2003, 03:18 PM

DAMN, I leave the forum for a day and all hell breaks loose. It's getting hot in here. I'm the only person on this forum that has any time or money invested in this project and do you hear me pissing and moaning? HELL NO. I greatly appreciate the " heads up" boys, I really do, but the fact is, at no time in my transactions with XERD has there ever been a concern about my car or my pocket book. I do not work for them and could care less about the He said she said crap. If my car is built well and finished when Eyal says it is to be, then that is all I need. He called me everytime he needed new parts before he charged me, and has been professional about the entire project. The simple fact is that a new kit takes time and stuff happens that take time to fix and tune right.
I'm sorry about other's missfortunes with MPH or what ever it is, but I know there are some extemely happy Lexus XERD (is300.net) customers out there and s2KI is about to have its first happy XERD turbo Owner. If it gives me a few more HP and runs great, You all will be the first to know. If it blows up and I want to kill Eyal I'll let you know too. I have nothing to gain by hyping them up. Just My .02 since I'm the one with his S2 on the line.
Matt P.

Quick Reply: XERD turbo update...Again...