S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

XERD turbo update...Again...

Old 03-06-2003, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go back to your ASOG forum and stop giving him bad rep. Youd ask the same if you were in his possition and you know it.

-Adam
Old 03-06-2003, 10:00 AM

Oh yes, and I was doing business w/ XERD. Ordering some headers from him. But after reading all this I dropped the order. I would rather be safe than sorry myslef.
Old 03-06-2003, 10:02 AM

OK I can understand your claim. But tell me this. Were you ordering by a credit card? If you order through a major credit card such as Visa or Mastercard, the chance of losing your money is very slim. Those companies crack down on companies that rip people off. Visa or mastercard would just need you to file a simple claim stating that the money was taken and no product was recieved. Legal action by them would be taken immediately.
Old 03-06-2003, 10:03 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't see why you guys are getting upset. 3.0TurboDSM is just offering a heads up/warning to proceed with caution. There is nothing wrong with that. Just take it for what it is worth. In the end it's always buyer beware, right?
Old 03-06-2003, 10:05 AM

The difference is, I would ask the same, but prove I've changed. But he has proceeded to continue bad business practices even under his new shop name. For the last time man, just trying to give a heads up for those who might appreciate the info.
Old 03-06-2003, 10:14 AM

Ok. Oppology to you Turbo DSM
Old 03-06-2003, 10:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am not making any accusations about XERD (or any other company, for that matter), but I have to admit, Insane DOES raise a valid point, one that is valid for business practices of ANY company.

Regardless of a company's name when something shady happened, what truly matters from a consumer's standpoint is who was in charge when it happned, even when the law can provide no recourse. For example, pool companies in Florida are notorious for bilking the customer of as much money as possible, declaring bankruptcy when legally chased, and then starting a new company under a new name and starting the whole racquet all over again. It doesn't matter what the name of the company is, what matters is that it's the same management pulling the same tricks.

IF what has been said about MPH is true, then we're still in sticky territory since MPH was owned/operated by two people. Now that each owner has created a new company, it's difficult to determine if either or both brothers should continue to be dealt with using a healthy dose of skepticism. However, if provable complaints are filed against XERD as a new company, then we have a serious case of caveat emptor, and anyone buying a product from them is taking a serious risk.

I have not yet read the thread mentioned (although I will after finishing this), Eyal going through legal actions with another board is not hard enough proof that HE is a crook...it could be tied to previous issues with MPH (but since I haven't read the other board yet, I cannot say for sure). As with any bad story it will make people a bit more wary, but if the stories turn out to be untruthful, that person will possibly gain an even stronger respect from the crowd.

Time will tell, and as kits start to ship the pieces will fall out in the open. So, I offer one last piece of warning which holds true for all business transactions...use the credit card whenever possible as they may be your only ally should a business transaction go badly.
Old 03-06-2003, 10:19 AM

Very true. Credit Cards are very hard to rip people off with. The only possibility for them to make any type of escape would be to hide and take off from the credit company. Considering Xerd has a shop, website and has been working on a turbo for a car which was given to them from a Dealership I doubt they will be taking off with anyones money. Just pay with a Visa or Mastercard and youll have enough security that you wont be ripped off 99%.

-Adam
Old 03-06-2003, 10:37 AM

Apology accepted OneInsaneS2000. Not trying to fight or anything just sharing info. CC are the best way to go I agree. But some may choose another route and that leaves them w/o that protection. I hope this turns out for you guys better than it did for us. And Eyal starts getting his stuff together.

BTW, yeah i may not own a S2k, but I love em. I'm a member of a lot of boards for cars I dont own. Im an enthusiasts, what can i say, lol. Never found this one before. Hope to stick around.
Old 03-06-2003, 10:49 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, I'm stunned. It took me about 30 minutes to read the other posts, but I'm at a loss for words. If it was one or two simple complaints I would proceed with caution, but there seem to be quite a large number of people who have had serious issues with Eyal (be it under the guise of MPH, XERD, or other company names). I'm not talking about a few hundred dollars, I'm talking about TENS of THOUSANDS of dollars. Good kit or not, I don't believe I would feel comfortable working with any person that allows a business they are so heavily attached to screw over so many for so much. We're not talking about a gas station attendant being blamed for Shell dumping crude oil into the ocean here, we're talking about two brothers who own and legally/financially back various companies using the same address and websites which accept payments from customers and fail to provide an acceptable product/service in return on multiple ocassions. This is scary stuff, and I personally thank 3.0 for providing the links above.

Quick Reply: XERD turbo update...Again...