S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Xerd..the..end..............

Old 03-12-2003, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, that is good that you got your car back, but I cant believe they failed to do the turbo you have been waiting so long for Matt. Hope there arent any problems with the refund issue, and although it propably has you bummed out right now, let the S2000 get back into your mind and I am sure you will want to continue on and make it FI. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old 03-12-2003, 06:21 PM

Thanks guys, I'm still deciding on what to do, Perhaps a little VTECHING on the way home today will bring me closer to the conclusion
MAtt
Old 03-12-2003, 08:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it hurts to see issues like these arise, but delays especially during a development of a new kit do take place. I might be one of the few individuals that will see how much of a loss it was to the business monetarily, and secondly with their name.

custom pieces, especially for a ground up turbo kit - take time. lots of it, and money too. so depending on whatever your agreement was to pay them X amount of dollars, it was probably more than a bargain for you.

Chris (cjb80) started off with a base turbo by purchasing the speedcraft kit, and ever since then has been tweaking and tinkering with his engine and the kit itself to squeeze all the power he can out of it...and last more than a quarter mile. some of his parts that he needed were difficult to come by and difficult to have made, and those took months at a time.

I wish you luck in getting a kit at the price and within the timeline that you need the next time.
Old 03-12-2003, 11:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank GOD I didn't let them use my car as a prototype! It was almost finalized too. I was speaking with Art. Sorry about your troubles Matt.
Old 03-12-2003, 11:51 PM

I'm impressed with how you have handled this situation. You kept your cool and stayed a professional line with xerd. Through all the info you have provided this board, I wish xerd luck with further developments, even if some would like to put a gun to his head, and hope you get into something that helps you
Old 03-12-2003, 11:56 PM
Spammer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The moral of this story is...
Turbo kits on S2000s=
Old 03-13-2003, 11:17 AM

4igs2000, you nerd, ha ha, anyway, I know that kits take time, but the part that he almost finished took less than a week to make, from what his mechanic/welder told me, his mechanis has other work going and did not focus on my car at all. We had an agreement that the car would be finished and tuned in two months or less. It has now been well over three months. It just took too long and is still FAR from being done. Had our agreement been for four months then it would be a different story. It was a breach of agreement and a full refund is all I want and I do wish him luck.
Matt
Old 03-13-2003, 05:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a useful bit of knowledge to be learned in this fiasco...the next time a project of this magnitude is agreed upon between two or more members, a schedule should be made up and weekly checks made as to the project's progress. I believe Matt could have saved himself a lot of heartache if he had a schedule to check the work against, even if it was only once a month. There will always be setbacks and delays, but they should be fully explained and documented. Delaying a project because the kit makers don't have the time to stretch between several projects is not a valid excuse...they shouldn't accept the project if they can't afford the time/money to invest in it.

As I've said in the past Matt, keep us posted on Eyal's repayment.
Old 03-13-2003, 05:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Heh, just found this link on one of the other sites urging members NOT to do ANY business whatsoever with XERD or Eyal Aviv. I give him a couple of months tops before he starts operating under another business name.

http://bbs.asog.net/viewtopic.php?t=43719
Old 03-13-2003, 05:25 PM

You got it MAC.
MAtt

Quick Reply: Xerd..the..end..............