S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

WTF? What should i do?

Old 07-23-2004, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF? What should i do?

I've had my S2k for almost a year now and haven't really had any problems with dealerships and such. I've always gone to honda to get my oil changed and maintnence done. This past week wednesday i took my car to get an oil change as usual. Today my moms car broke down so i loaned her mine to get work.

She said she stopped at a light and saw some smoke, she figured it was a car next to her. She drove not five more minutes to work and parked in a (she said) clean spot. She got back to the car to go home, started it up and heard and awful clicking/knocking sound, not knowing what it was she decided to leave anyway. She drove 10 seconds and parked in another spot in the same lot. She checked the oil cuz thats all she knows to do, and there wasn't any on the dipstick. She went back and checked the spot she was parked in there was a puddle of oil. AHHH!!!

There isn't a drain plug in the oil pan. Its no longer under warranty. Will I have to pay to get it fixed? I have no idea yet how bad or if there is any engine damage.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanx
Old 07-23-2004, 07:48 PM

whoa!! Get on top of that quick man at the dealer and bitch like no other!!
Old 07-23-2004, 08:15 PM

find the son of a bitch who did your oil and him up! Thats why i dont like to take my car in to a shop or anything to do something simplistic that i can do myself and make sure first hand that the job gets done right. sorry to hear about this man, I'm almost positive that they will take responsibility for their up if not thats totally bullshit... goodluck...
Old 07-23-2004, 08:30 PM

yeh on the bright side you might be getting a new engine if they fess up.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:48 PM

What if it didn't do any terminal damage right now and runs fine if i just put some oil in it. But it s not far down the road. Is there anything i can do to get them to fix it then?
Old 07-23-2004, 09:58 PM
WPS

www.dealerrater.com + glock= teh win

post results
profit
Old 07-23-2004, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by S2luckyXL,Jul 23 2004, 11:48 PM
What if it didn't do any terminal damage right now and runs fine if i just put some oil in it. But it s not far down the road. Is there anything i can do to get them to fix it then?
Rev it up to 8/9-grand and hold it there for a few minutes, that should solve your problem.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:07 PM

lol
Old 07-24-2004, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by SilverKnight,Jul 24 2004, 12:30 AM
yeh on the bright side you might be getting a new engine if they fess up.

if you complain like no other and dont let down or settle for anything you may get a new motor
they have always done your oil changes.. they should know
if you got any recipt(sp) check to see if it has anything like an employee number or something or name..
tell them that they always do your oil chaanges and you just got it changed by them, and the drail plug was off! so all of your oil "fell" out the bottom

good luck
Old 07-24-2004, 05:45 PM

Received 1,403 Likes on 840 Posts

The dealer forgot to tighten the drain plug. YOUR ENGINE IS JUNK. Go back to the dealer, TELL THEM they didn't tighten the drain plug, and they owe you an engine. Don't settle and don't back down, and don't let them tell you your engine will be ok.

Quick Reply: WTF? What should i do?