S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

WTF! my car doenst HAVE THE BUTTON

Old 02-10-2009, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 02-10-2009, 04:24 PM

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

I am really not sure why you guys think he is a troll?? So he was not exactly clear on the pictures he was providing, maybe he did not want to go to the trouble to explain that one pic is the parking lot and the others are dealer pics. What reason would he have to come up with something like this?? Even if it was a joke it is not funny or amusing at all, I am sure he could have made up something better. Plus if you look at all of the pics he has provided (copy and zoom to the area where the roof switch is), it looks as if the roof switch is gone and in its place is a black "cutout".

Anyway, to the OP, if infact this is really your car and you are not some troll, I would be more than concerned that your car has an AP1 wheel. This may be an indicator that it had been in an accident with airbags deployed.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:37 PM

Sorry it took me so long to find this thread...

Most of you long time members have treated this new user pretty shitty in my opinion. Calling him troll and asking the thread be locked because he has never seen a CR soft top delete plug before (BTW its an OEM honda part)??? I suppose you guy's never had to ask a question about the S, you all must have just known everything or all of you are Honda techs....

To the OP if you want the switch I think I have it laying around the house and you are more than welcome to have it I never thought it would be a big deal since the car doesn't have a softop anyway . I also never got around to putting the lower tie bar on either and you can have it and the bolts to mount it too.

The wheel is from an AP1 (not because it it was in an accident though) because it would have been illegal to sell with the Aftermarket steering wheel and quick release that used to be on the car. The AP1 wheels are on the car because I wasn't going to trade the car in while it was on MF10's .

This is what the car you purchased used to look like

As far as things to worry about. The car is ready to run for a while before you will need to change the fluids. Diff fluid was serviced about 3500 (LE607 from HT guy)miles ago along with the tranny (Honda trans fluid). About a week before I traded the car in I did an oil change (Honda 10w-30 I would not switch to Synthetic since I never used it during the last 57000 or so miles) and Coolant was flushed and refilled.

Front brakes have been done and should still be at least 65-75% left, Rear brakes will need to be done in the not too distant future, but are stll decent (you can get away with resurfacing them since they have not been resurfaced since they were installed). Front will most likely need new rotors next time it needs pads. The brake fluid in there is Motul and should be good for another 10,000 miles or so (unless you plan on tracking the car). Thats about all I can think of right now.

If you have any other questions feel free to PM me

Oh and the wheels and hood are available in my for sale threads if you want to put either of those parts back on the car (They will cost ya though ) I hope you enjoy the car as much as I did and congrats on the purchase.

Oh BTW: I hope the responses have not detered you from staying on this board and becoming a member at some point. There are a lot of great people here and most the time they are pretty helpfull. If you can roll out to one of the OC meets and say whats up to everyone, they take place at an in and out parking lot and everyone is pretty cool. Look for a thread in the So Cal forum from Huys2200 in the beginning of next week (they take place everyother other Thursday and will be going on next week).
Old 02-11-2009, 02:52 PM

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

^^^Cool nice of you to hop on here an explain about the wheel. I never figured the guy was a troll. OP, with the explination about the wheel it looks like you got yourself a nice car.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:25 PM

I only read the first page, and all the exclamation points that the OP used made me LOL. Sounds like he is really frustrated about this. If I had a hard top, I wouldn't give a ****.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Community Organizer

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts

I agree with neveronlines2k, he just bought the car and is just getting to know it. People can be so harsh.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:44 PM
Community Organizer

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts

"Fail" is the guy that says that it is dangerous to drive w/o the soft top. I guess all CRs are dangerous!
Old 02-11-2009, 04:28 PM

Its more of the mob mentality I think one guy starts bashing so everyone else joins in. I sent the OP a pm with the info from my post, but have not heard from him so maybe he is over s2ki or maybe he's just been busy.

I have learned a lot from this site and I had good knowledge of the car before purchasing it. Almost everyone on this board has been pretty cool, but if I was the OP I would probably not be back. I have better things to do with my time then deal with smart asses over the web specially when I am asking IMO a valid question.

This is just my opinion and I am sure most will just continue to talk smack and be rude to people, but I felt bad for the guy and thought I would post.

I cant believe they sold the car so fast.... Maybe I sould have tried to sell it private party instead of just trading it in.... Oh well live and learn I guess
Old 02-11-2009, 10:17 PM

neveronlines2k, i sent you a pm.

n yeah, i stopped checkin he site and looked else where for any useful information.

im back!
Old 02-12-2009, 05:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One helll of a funny thread...
Things people do/don't do just amaze me.

Quick Reply: WTF! my car doenst HAVE THE BUTTON