S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Wow...

Old 07-25-2005, 05:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wow...

So I was out of the office running a couple of errands this afternoon and decided to stop for a cup of coffee. I pull into the entirely empty parking lot and open my door, then realize I'm still wearing my Oakleys. With the door still open (mind you, this is an empty lot) I put my glasses in their case and lock the glovebox. I hear a honking, then a second later I see this huge 1980-something ford truck roar into the space directly beside me. The guy manages to haul his huge gut out of his rusted truck and walk in.

After we both order I'm minding my own business, not wanting to ask him why the hell he felt the need to act in such a manor. When he gets his drink, he walks by me and says "next time, you might not want to ignore a 7000lb truck, it could be your door." To which I calmly reply "That's fine, it'd be your insurance. I was there for 15 seconds, I don't know what sort of hurry you are in." Again he says "yeah, well next don't ignore a 7000lb truck." Of course now I can't resist, "is that 7000lbs with or without you inside?"

He walks out swearing and leaves.

Honestly, do people just see people living better lives and get jealous? I wait for people to get out of their cars all the time, and that's when the lot is full. He obviously was bothered that I was dressed nicely and driving a nice car, or else he just enjoys being a prick.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:14 PM

damn that sucks dude, i hate assholes like that too..can't stand them.. they're HATERS
Old 07-25-2005, 05:17 PM

Sounds like the everyday idiot to me.

I always see people like this. Can't wait one second for anyone but themselves.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a douchebag. Way to handle the situation though. That is the type of person who I wish I could erase from the planet so there'd be that much more oxygen for the kind, intelligent folks.

Craig
Old 07-25-2005, 05:38 PM

It may be helpful to know that the adipose tissue, in the truck drivers over-sized belly, efficiently converts androstenedione to estradiol (active form of estrogen) and the guy may have been suffering from PMS.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:53 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Probably the same guy that threw an open and half-full CAN of BUD into my car (top down) from a giant rusty and muddy ford truck while I was stuck in traffic and he passed me in the other lane.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:56 PM

Sounds like he was jealous. I find a lot of people have this reaction to the s2000. It's a very unpleasant feeling when people are jealous of you because of material posessions. The s2000 is great because it is so good looking, but sometimes, I wish it had an "invisibility" switch. I hate haters.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:01 PM

HATER! Who gives a crap what that guy says? That sucks he had to be a dick to you, but he's just overcompensating for his crap-ass life. I like the "with or without you" comment!
Old 07-25-2005, 06:05 PM

damnit.....I wish some big Hoss would do that to me sometimes. They'd hate to get a lashin' from a mix-breed chic.

I get the female haters myself. "BITCH!" as they pass me while I'm waiting at a light. uh, okay. :shakeshead:
Old 07-25-2005, 06:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't worry OC, they won't be ignoring his 7000 lb. truck when it pulls up at the gas pump. He'll be lucky if he even has coffee money.

Quick Reply: Wow...