S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Worst car company on the planet!!!

Old 02-07-2003, 12:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well here is my two cents. Man do I feel your pain. I owned a 2001 CLR-S, and you guessed, the tranny went out. I was 19 when I bought it and had a blast till 12,500. Then the first one went out. Second didn't make it off the lot, it had a MAJOR whine. Number 3 lasted about 11 days then had lights on the dash. 4 blew up on the test stand that they had my car on, tranny fluid went everywhere. When 5 was put in I called a lawyer. My dealer was great and always put me in a rental and never had a problem with me. Now Honda was another story. When I contacted the lawyer he said that on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being Mercedes Benz (which is terrible and will fight you hand tooth and nail) and 10 being Toyota/Lexus, Honda is a 5. There first question was, did you use the sport shift? My answer was yes, you put it there and I AM going to use it. Well after just under 6 months and several letters back and forth, they decided to wait until the day before we were scheduled to go to trial to announce a resolution.

Oh well, my wife currently owns a 01 Honda Accord EXv6 and her tranny is going to be trouble. She wants to go and get the new STi. I know that I will never get another Honda product just because of the way that I was treated. End Rant
Old 02-07-2003, 12:50 AM
Banned

Dude, you're totally wrong about Honda cars not being reliable. They don't have an impeccable record of reliability for nothing. I've owned Hondas, and so has my family, and those cars have always been EXTREMELY reliable, even more than the Toyotas we've owned.

As for your S2000, you got what you deserved, cuz Honda didn't like you and gave you a lemon...hehe...Stupid luck for a stupid person. My S2K has always been flawlessly reliable, and it'll remain that way cuz Honda cars like me...hahaha...
Old 02-07-2003, 04:12 AM

the bottom line is that for every 1 car that Honda makes that has problems, including all makes and models, there is probably 99 that run fine and never have a problem.

obviously these numbers i just gave cannot be proven, but I'm just trying to make a point.

every car company is going to have cars that do not run or are "weak" from new. and it is unfortunate that someone will buy that weak car and get the s**t end of the deal, but for the millions of people that have Hondas, and never ever have a problem , Honda is and always will be the way to go

these are the Honda cars my family has owned over the last 6 years;
2002 Accord V6
2002 civic Coupe
2003 Accord
2001 Acura integra GSR
1998 Accord V6
1998 Civic Coupe
1997 Integra Type R
1997 Honda Prelude
1996 Integra GSR

Not one problem with any of these cars. EVER.

the truth of the matter is that Honda Does make Great cars. like i said before, sometimes they do make sh***y ones. but all in all, there cars are probably the most reliable on the market. You cannot take a few isolated incidents and generalize. Truth comes in numbers and repetitiveness......

Cant wait for my 03 S2K.............................
Old 02-07-2003, 04:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

[i] CONGRATULATIONS loving_my_s2k....you are the ULTIMATE LURKER [/B]
I agree.

He
Old 02-07-2003, 04:54 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 02-07-2003, 05:06 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by loving_my_S2K
[B]No roadrunner, the only S2000 owners in michigan keep thier cars garage queened.
Old 02-07-2003, 05:35 AM

<Might I suggest that you either get a lawyer and tell us the results or fix the car on your dime.>

Can't speak for him, but I'm not fixing a thing on my dime. My problems are directly related to a problem Honda admitted (albeit a bit late). Remember the reason you car is trouble free (seemingly) is because of people like me that purchased the first cars off the line: clutch problem (twice), second gear grind, window crease, spark plugs, oil starvation, oil consumption, not the mention speakers, stereo power, dash overlay, center console, floor mats, wind visor. Don't make a blanket statement about S2Ks not having problems, because we all had some (and still have) in the early days. Mine are just unresolved.
Old 02-07-2003, 06:31 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bbsilver
[B]Don't make a blanket statement about S2Ks not having problems, because we all had some (and still have) in the early days.
Old 02-07-2003, 06:48 AM

Some of you guys are harsh. If I had THAT many problems, I'd be here venting too. I am sorry to hear that anyone has this much problem, but at the same time, presenting using broad generalizations doesn't really help the credibility. ("worst car company in the planet" ? must be a small planet with no other exposure to other car companies)
As an owner of a first year model delivered in Sept 99 (the kind referred to by BB), I expected my car would have a few issues. No, the car was not perfect, but luckily for me, there are good dealers in the Bay Area that were able to help me take care of all the TSB's, warranty work etc. All in all, this car has had its share of issues, but nothing more than what I expected from a first year performance vehicle. I chekced my oil almost everyday when I first got the car, kept learning sharing info with fellow new owners way back when, but ultimately did end up with a issue-free car. The dealers and DSM did me right. To date I have had the following all covered by Honda: Seat Belt Warranty, TSB 054 & TSB 055 (clutch replaced TWICE), replaced dashboard, replaced headlights, had body plastic pieces repainted, and replaced header.
And oh yeah, I got a loaner almost everytime from the dealers on these issues too.

It is unfortunate that there are some really bad DSM's and dealers out there, and coupled with the lemon that you seem to have, it has got to be the worst experience. AHM really needs to improve customer service overall across the board. In this case though, I would just take this one to court, provided that you have noting to hide and think it will hold up in court. It does sound like your definition of abusing the car and that of Honda may differ and thus maybe its better to have a "jury of your peers" decide? Again, if you did not abuse the car, it should be an open shut case right? I would have let them tear down the car if i had nothing to hide. Hell, if i were trying to solve those problems, I would have wanted them to do anything they could to find the problems and fix them. (and even if it were my fault, at leastt I'd know what I needed to fix, courtesy of Honda ) Good luck either way, I just hope yyou dont waste your time being a hater after all is said and done and just move on.
Old 02-07-2003, 08:06 AM

Received 195 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally posted by loving_my_S2K
I cant believe you were having issues with ford.
LOL

In 14+ times in 6 weeks. Dealer/Ford admit that can't fix the problem and I have a voicemail recording of the GM telling me that the Lemon Law is the way to go for my case. Filed suit over 6 months ago just got a pretrial date for April and now Frod's attorney are finally talking settlement. I take it for the big shot Ford Engineer to confirm problems in two weeks. I can't wait to see his face when he runs into all of the problems that began after the last time it was in. He is going to try and open the passenger door and it won't open and then when the car is tarted he is going to see a CEL and gas cap light come on as even the gas cap appears to have gone bad.

Fortunately my S2000 runs great no probnlems whatsoever and in the DC area we can all go to Jim Coleman Honda and be treated like kings just because we have an S. A lot of the problems that people seem to have are because of the dealers and DSM in specific areas I hope I don't have to go through all of this again on any car.

Good Luck

Quick Reply: Worst car company on the planet!!!