S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Worst car company on the planet!!!

Old 02-06-2003, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it's obvious that we have a lurker here.....this line says it all:

HONDA IS NOT A SPORTS CAR COMPANY. THEY ARE ONLY GOOD AT MAKING ECONO GROCERY GETTERS

How do I know? Because when I was young and stupid and a bitch, I used to lurk around all the other car boards pretending to be an owner (when I really wasn't). I would complain how about how my car sucked and all that bullshit.

Evidence (check his post history):

First post (03-04-02) - loving_my_s2k gets car, new or used (unsure) excited about owning a new s2000

Second post (4-08-02) - Apparently, loving_my_s2k drives AT LEAST 183 miles a day, which is absolutely insane. In stated post, he has at driven AT LEAST 5500 miles (alleged trans work done at 3000 miles, rear end gone at 8502::: 5500miles/30days=183miles/day). Either loving_my_s2k drives ~200 miles a day or he is lying. ALSO, notice that this is his VERY SECOND POST and his signature ALREADY contains the line "HONDA IS NOT A SPORTS CAR COMPANY. THEY ARE ONLY GOOD AT MAKING ECONO GROCERY GETTERS" in only his second post. Typical lurker.

CONGRATULATIONS loving_my_s2k....you are the ULTIMATE LURKER
Old 02-06-2003, 05:07 PM

Originally posted by flipman
I think it's obvious that we have a lurker here.....this line says it all:

HONDA IS NOT A SPORTS CAR COMPANY. THEY ARE ONLY GOOD AT MAKING ECONO GROCERY GETTERS

How do I know? Because when I was young and stupid and a bitch, I used to lurk around all the other car boards pretending to be an owner (when I really wasn't). I would complain how about how my car sucked and all that bullshit.

Evidence (check his post history):

First post (03-04-02) - loving_my_s2k gets car, new or used (unsure) excited about owning a new s2000

Second post (4-08-02) - Apparently, loving_my_s2k drives AT LEAST 183 miles a day, which is absolutely insane. In stated post, he has at driven AT LEAST 5500 miles (alleged trans work done at 3000 miles, rear end gone at 8502::: 5500miles/30days=183miles/day). Either loving_my_s2k drives ~200 miles a day or he is lying. ALSO, notice that this is his VERY SECOND POST and his signature ALREADY contains the line "HONDA IS NOT A SPORTS CAR COMPANY. THEY ARE ONLY GOOD AT MAKING ECONO GROCERY GETTERS" in only his second post. Typical lurker.

CONGRATULATIONS loving_my_s2k....you are the ULTIMATE LURKER
Why would someone go through all this effort to make smartass comments to get people worked up. He has at least four posts going. Some of the things he has said make me believe it is geniune. I can vouch that what he says happens from personal experience. The milage is nothing. There are people that commute over a hundred miles each way (Sacramento to San Francisco, Modesto to Redwood City, Moreno Valley to Agura Hills) to work out here in Cali. You never know.
Old 02-06-2003, 05:20 PM

Could I be wrong? Yes, definitely. Did i go out of my way to find all this? No, I just checked his post history I am also investigative in nature (esp when someone makes the comment ""HONDA IS NOT A SPORTS CAR COMPANY. THEY ARE ONLY GOOD AT MAKING ECONO GROCERY GETTERS") Am I trying to get people worked up? No, I know how the lurker mind works, and I think the evidence speaks for itself. If he is the unfortunate owner of a lemon, all the more power to him and I hope he has a better experience in the future. Everyone can look at my argument and decide for themselves.
Old 02-06-2003, 05:37 PM

honda s2000 warranty seems to be subject to approval by them.
no other car company ive dealt with tries to find reasons not to warraty cars. i think customer relations with a honda s2000 are worst that with any other. many people on this site are trying to prove to honda that the problem should be warrantied?
in my 5 years as s Ford L/M service advisor , we never tried to not warranty a car. we just fixed it. that is why the car has a warranty. i quess you are "Guilty until proven innocent"
Old 02-06-2003, 06:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

su701, I think you received some pretty shabby service. How did it end up?
Old 02-06-2003, 08:03 PM

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Yeah su701, what happened to you?
Old 02-06-2003, 08:16 PM

A couple of comments:

Saying that honda is not a sports car company is probably not very true. Honda is very involved in motor racing. I would say Honda rather builds economy cars than sports cars... why? makes more money.

Second comment: a lot of time, people have bad service from xxx Honda dealer... the funny thing is, the dealerships are privately owned.

Remember, Honda is in this to make money... they will do things to protect themselves if they have to.

I have 3 hondas right now... I am thinking about buying a fourth. I think Hondas own success and reputation can sometimes end up being it's worst nightmare... They have a reputation for building very reliable cars... but let's not kid ourselves... with the millions of parts in a car, sometime things break. One HAS TO take things into consideration. My father used to own a caddy, 89 Sedan De Ville. Ate 4 distributor in one year. I am not kidding. He also used to have an Olds culess supreme(how ironic of a name), as the odo rolled 100,000 miles, the engine gave up. My Maxima started to rattle more than my 7 year old crx(at the time) 60 days into it's "new car life". I've always liked Hondas, but it wasn't after I bought a Maxima that made me such a Honda fan.

Gotta keep things in perspective... you think the S2000 is the worst car ever? There are a LOT of other cars that are MUCH MUCH worse.
Old 02-06-2003, 09:00 PM

Received 5,749 Likes on 3,386 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by loving_my_S2K
[B]No roadrunner, the only S2000 owners in michigan keep thier cars garage queened.
Old 02-06-2003, 09:17 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by shingles
[B]A couple of comments:

Saying that honda is not a sports car company is probably not very true.
Old 02-06-2003, 09:21 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dlq04
[B]

Say what?

Quick Reply: Worst car company on the planet!!!