S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Worst car company on the planet!!!

Old 02-06-2003, 12:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I understand your anger with large, unresponsive corporations, and there is more than ample evidence that AHM is precisely that -- these days, the Internal Revenue Sevice shows more concern for customer service than AHM. It's a huge problem in the US today --corporations have way too much power and they're accumulating more every day.

If you want to direct your anger constructively, try lobbying for stronger consumer protection laws in the automotive industry. While they've come a long way, there's still a long way to go.

I also agree that you should have let them tear your engine down, but not before also agreeing to let your mechanic inspect any damage as well. That way they couldn't unfairly pin the blame on you.
Old 02-06-2003, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honda isn't stupid, they know how a 19 yr. old drives. It's not the car, it's YOU!!
Old 02-06-2003, 12:52 PM

Well said Luder and Loving my s2k.....imho honda could beef up the customer service to match the quality of their cars (most of them anyways). The next high performance/sports car over $30k i buy wont be from honda
Old 02-06-2003, 12:59 PM

I am sorry you have had so much trouble, but I think your trouble with the dealer stems from the fact that you are unwilling to be honest about your treatment of the car. You have had trouble with the clutch, diff, synchros and now the engine, which was low on oil. Even a rookie DSM is going to realize that this pattern of part failures is fairly convincing evidence of driver abuse. Other owners have received free "courtesy" repairs for items like overrevs and abuse, because they were willing to admit their mistake and ask the dealer for help.
Old 02-06-2003, 01:42 PM

Well first of to Fun, not everyone was or is as immature as you at 19, and im 20 by the way. Also if it were me and my age there would not be gentlemen of more then double my age with the same issues! So please take your ignorance elsewhere. ScottH, I have tried "dealing" with the dealers. I am not going to "admit" to a problem that is not my fault. I have done nothing beyond what Honda claims the car to do. I drive the car to reach 0-60 in sub 6 seconds. I take turns to an extent you can tell how well the car handles. I drive the car what they have claimed and what they have built it for. The car simply did not hold up to what Honda claimed it could. That is the only thing I have admitted to a dealer. I do not pay 36 grand to "wheel and deal" a bargain when a company is at fault. Its reasons like that, that keep things like what me and Rick discussed earlier. They keep getting bigger, with less consideration. I dont knock you or fun for your beliefs or suggestions. I just know one day you will be treated the same, and will think completely different when the tables are turned.

-Dave
Old 02-06-2003, 01:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by loving_my_S2K
WELL HERE IS THE LATEST!!.

In the recent months I have done nothing but baby the biggest waste of a money car ive ever purchased out of fear that something else would break. No clutch drops, wicked turning nothing. Besides maybe some Vtec once in a while to knock my egde off alittle. Two weeks ago I took my car in for 3 thing. Check engine light, Oil change and this horrid ticking. Ooil change was done, they said the light was just some misfire codes and the ticking was due to lack of oil.
I will not even bother looking into your link for your previous problems cause I mean, you stated the ticking was due to lack of oil. Sounds to me like owner responsibility here. It has been stated many times the fact that this engine consumes some amount of oil due to the way its engineered and the high revving capacity. Before I bought mine I did research maybe you should ve done that too.

I feel your pain though and I wish you good luck
Old 02-06-2003, 01:51 PM

Originally posted by loving_my_S2K
I cant believe you were having issues with ford.
Sorry that you got one of the bad ones, but it happens. But to show surprise that someone is having issues with Ford? Like Rick said, statistics (and owner surveys) show that Honda has some of the highest satisfaction levels with their owners. Fords are crap, I've been through a few of them and I know this.
Old 02-06-2003, 01:53 PM

oh god another one who thinks I am ignorant. I was no more then 100 mile due for my 2000 mile oil change. There was plenty of oil in the machine, Honda just fed that BS so I would leave. I did plenty of research. According to research this car is one of the best on the market. Which is why I bought it. I check my fluids frequently and add what needs to be done. I am not a moron nor am I car illiterate. I do thank you for your wish of luck.

-Dave
Old 02-06-2003, 01:54 PM

And it is also your age. I have found many businesses do not take a young adult seriously. For that they will lose a long time future consumer.
And dealerships are very different. I'd say try another but you may have cooked your goose already with the DSM.
Any S2k owner groups in your area to add to your clout and assist in your battle?
I had similar problems with TSB's on my car and was glad I had printed copies to get the work done. First response I got was that it wasn't broken yet. (TSB stated to do the work before it breaks asap next time car was in for service).
Document your case with notes and web page info and be polite but firm.
Good luck!
Old 02-06-2003, 01:55 PM

I could say the same with Honda at this point. I know multiple Ford owners who have never had a issue that hasnt been taken care or quickly and politely. As in me being the only one with a performance car from Honda they see what I go through and luagh and pity me. So its all in personal experience I suppose.

Quick Reply: Worst car company on the planet!!!