S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Worst car company on the planet!!!

Old 02-06-2003, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Speed,

On the contrary I have done nothing but show every honda rep from dealer to DSM nothing but the utmost respect. To be honest I wish I could make a case for age discrimination, cause that is what I feel is going on. Also I am very fortunate in my work. Which is why I am looking into a SLK32. The AMG model of the SLK. Very nice car. Doing some research and see what I think of it. But in the mean time, the S2K sits
Old 02-06-2003, 11:01 AM

Jeffrey Buick/Honda located in Rooseville Michigan.
Friendly Buick/Honda located in Clinton twp. Michigan.

The next closest dealer is about a hour drive from me. =(
Old 02-06-2003, 11:01 AM

Yeah, seriously, just sell the car and move on to something else. It's too bad you got such a bad car, but there are lots of other great sports cars out there now, try something else.
Old 02-06-2003, 11:33 AM

Received 72 Likes on 61 Posts

while we're on the topic of worst car..... Head over and take a look at the hundreds of TSB's the corvette has. Great car. But nobody's perfect. Lemons, unfortunately, happen. I feel bad for you. My car is still new. In a couple years I'll feel comfortable if nothing major breaks. I wish Honda would pull their collective heads out. It doesn't make sense to me though, they keep saying you're overreving, but they can simply pull the codes on the ECU to see that, not break down the motor. I think they're trying to screw you.

On the real lemons topic: my folks once owned an '80s Ford Thunderbird, they bought it new. The frame was bent out of the factory. It would eat shock absorbers every six months. Nobody could fix it. It was before the tougher Lemon Laws were passed in the late '80s I think, so they were out a TON of money. It's the last Ford they every owned. Personally I think Ford has a higher lemon ratio than Honda, but like I said, I don't think any car company is perfect. And it sucks Honda won't come clean on your car. Good luck.
Old 02-06-2003, 11:49 AM

Thats what I was thinking. How if they pull apart the engine and look at it is it going to tell them I abuse the car. As you said they can pull that off the ECU. They are full of it, and we know this. Thats why I am taking legal action. I know no car company is perfect by any means, but this isnt not perfect. This is down right sickening at least to me. We will see how things go. =) Thanks for the support and luck wishes. Im going to need em

-Dave
Old 02-06-2003, 11:49 AM

I will say Toyota took good care of me even when it was my fault and I admitted it, it's a shame they don't have a really nice sports car on their lineup at the moment....
Old 02-06-2003, 11:50 AM

I guess the real question should be why you did not let them break the engine down. They did not refuse to fix it they just wanted to see what the cause was. You have already ended any chance of winning a lawsuit. You were never refused the repair. You should have let them break it down. Then if they refused to repair the car you could hire experts and sue for the repair. At the moment you have nothing to sue for. Has the car ever been overrevved? Did you know the outcome if the break it down?
Old 02-06-2003, 11:53 AM

No i do not know the outcome. I decided to deny the break down cause I know Honda. They will deem this my fualt. Just as they did my Clutch, Rear diff, and Second gear despite TSB's. It is the AHM way. So why let them break it down and sue for 750?? No thanks they owe me more then that.
Old 02-06-2003, 11:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some people have the unfortunate luck to have bought a car with inherent problems, then be saddled with a rotten dealer who wants to escape responsbility for the manufacturing defects. You appear to be one of those.

Many of us have had very different experiences. I currently own three Hondas and have had no problems with the cars or the dealers of any magnititude at all. But our own individual experiences, all of them anecdotes, can never be an indictment or an endorsement of a manufacturer and the service its dealers provide.

The collective evidence, across the millions of cars Honda builds and services, is that Hondas are among the best built and reliable cars in the world. The evidence is quite clear that several individual bad experiences, as painful as they are, are exceptions, not the rule.

You bought a lemon it appears. But you will waste a lot of your valuable time and energy trying to turn your anger on Honda thinking you can somehow undermine the company's reputation. As others have suggested, you're a young guy and you should aim your ambitions elsewhere. If, in fact, Hondas are as bad as you claim, the market will do the job for you.
Old 02-06-2003, 12:04 PM

I know I know. It just angers me that companys can get away with such, just because they are large companys. Why should a company forget about individuals just because they serve so many. They shouldnt. I do realize not one bad case makes them bad to most, but it makes them bad to the person that matters the most. ME. No I wouldnt give Honda the satisfaction of me giving additional time to lessen thier profits. Although if asked if I have any regrets in life, the only one would be buying a Honda.

Quick Reply: Worst car company on the planet!!!