S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Worst car company on the planet!!!

Old 02-06-2003, 09:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Derryck,

no need to apologize. And I pardon myself for venting in the way I did. Its not so much my hate for the actual S2000 itself as it is for Honda as a whole. As a comment to you side note, I do plan to search for a creditable mechanic at this point. I do need to fix what is wrong at this point. The car is simply going to blow if i dont. So im interested in how much it will cost to have a certified mechanic break it down and fix what ever the hell is ticking. It worrys me. Never the less it needs to be done. I also wish you whom have had great luck with your cars further luck. Just wanted my problems once again to be known for I know there are others out there whom would benefit from knowing as I did that other people have had the same problems as them.

-Dave
Old 02-06-2003, 09:38 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

moved to s2000 Talk
Old 02-06-2003, 09:57 AM

You might want to check out some of the local 'speed shops'... they often know the car and it's mechanical limitations better than the dealer techs. I have been using my mechanic for many years on many cars and have never had any problems that weren't caused by me. No need to apologize... everybody gets frustrated when getting the run around from the dealer, that's exactly the reason I choose not to deal with them.
Old 02-06-2003, 10:22 AM

Yea just in michigan performance import shops are hard to come by
Old 02-06-2003, 10:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

like everyone else, sorry to hear about your car. Ive owned several Hondas, and the service given to them when rarely needed was superb. Good luck with whatever you drive next, and time to change your s2ki name, eh ?
Old 02-06-2003, 10:34 AM

Received 195 Likes on 99 Posts

Personally I would contact an attorney. It has taken a long time (10 months) for me to get any action from Ford but they are finally coming around. Fortunately I could afford a fourth car and was able to park my piece of crap for eight months while I went through this and you may not be able to do that. Good luck with whatever you do and hopefully your next car will be better for you.
Old 02-06-2003, 10:44 AM

I am in that process. And yes I have a second vehicle besides the S2K. Luckily enough. but im getting sick of making that monthly note payment for a car that sits in the damn drive ya know. But such is life i suppose. I have found some damn good stuff with in the last few hours to help me out. At least with the newest tapping. Thanks for the support. I cant believe you were having issues with ford.
Old 02-06-2003, 10:48 AM

Sorry about your luck. The only problem I've had with my 00 is a bad HID inverter.
Old 02-06-2003, 10:50 AM

Over 3 years and 46,000 trouble free miles on mine. My wife has 168K and our Civic has 150K andboth have only seen the dealer for scheduled maintainence. I would never consider ever buying another make, I've seen REAL LEMONS dude.

You should feel very fortunate that at your age you have the means to aquire a vehicle such as the S2000. You must have a great job too since it looks like you have forked over ten grand in repairs.

Maybe you copped an attidute when you had your first problems. Its easy to get mad at the dealership even before you get the car back to them, like I said, I have had some real lemons. When I was your age I had a Vega. It stalled and caught fire as I was pulling OUT of the dealership that just said they couldn't find anything wrong. Think I was mad????? I soon realized that having a poor attitude twords the Service manager got my name on an ***hole list that's probably still locked away in some vault in Detroit.

You may have run into a DSM that just thinks you are some spoiled rich kid that was given a nice car and abused it. You said yourself you took it in for ticking noises and they said it was low on oil. Didn't you bother to check that yourself? That fact alone would suggest your didn't work for the money to buy the car or you would have made the effort to raise the hood once and a while.

Sell your Honda. Don't waste your time dedicating your life to hurting Honda's pocketbook. You won't be successful at that either.
Old 02-06-2003, 10:55 AM

Received 5,749 Likes on 3,386 Posts

I've had both wonderful and terrible service at Honda dealerships. Clearly they are not all alike. There was a long article in the Wall Street Journal a few months back that indicated that Honda's aware their sales / service in general sucks. I wished they had badged the car as an Acura. At one time that was their plan, hence calling the pre-production car the SSX (vs the NSX) and early documents filled with the govt showed it as a Acura. But, that's all what-might-have-been, so now they need to fix what is.

Loving my s2k, which dealership are you dealing with? Or should I say, wish you weren't dealing with?

Quick Reply: Worst car company on the planet!!!