S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Worst car company on the planet!!!

Old 07-12-2003, 01:33 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love Honda. I too had a couple problems. They gave me 2 new trany's, new diff, new rear suspension, new weather striping, provided me with answers to all my questions and just the satisfying fact that i own a Honda. Right now I'm on my 5th one and don't plan to be switching to any other car company anytime soon.
Old 07-12-2003, 04:05 AM

This is off topic a bit but still is worth mentioning. Some of older guys might remember the fiasco GM pulled with the Olds rocket 350 engine back in the early 70's. Many guys bought Cutlasses thinking they had the rocket 350 with the 4-bolt main and later found out they had the 2-bolt main 350 engine. It was discovered that GM DELIBERATELY cheated customers and lost a class action lawsuit, not to mention all the negative press. I, for one, have never forgotten this dishonesty by GM and have never, nor will I ever, buy another GM product. No doubt that GM is crying all the way to bank over my decision. I think I'll stick with Honda and Toyota until they prove to be dishonest as well.
Old 07-12-2003, 05:43 AM

Where are you guys getting your extended contracts. The Dealer I talked to quoted me a rididulous price, so I need to check around. I own a 2001 with 17,000 miles on it, and would like to find an extension.

I do agree that the motor should have been allowed to be torn down. If they have an issue with you over-revving the motor it will be a mute point. The car has an inherent advantege to you , as do most cars today --- you can't over rev it( at least on an upshift ) They can't deny a claim if you hit the rev limiter. Now , on the other hand ,if you missed a shift going down ( like the old 5 -2 downshift ) and there a Tiger Woods divits all over the top of the pistons, I fear you will be outa luck. Let them tear it down and go from there.
Old 07-12-2003, 03:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boit,

Have you seen the new GM "the road to redemption" print ads? It's interesting that they now feel they should own up to the shoddy quality of the past in order to sell their new, supposedly improved, vehicles.
Old 07-12-2003, 07:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by RedY2KS2k
supposedly improved...
Quoted from msnbc:

"July 8
Old 07-12-2003, 07:55 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,490 Likes on 1,159 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RedY2KS2k
[B]Boit,
Old 07-13-2003, 03:36 AM

Red; No, I haven't seen those ads but will now make sure I read them. Thanks for the info.

BTW, I watched an automotive newmagazine on the Speedchannel yesterday. Interesting show as it was dedicated to the new Chrysler Crossfire model. I noticed that absolutely no mention was made of the rear suspension design, although it was alluded to that the front was independent wishbone. I'm pretty sure that this omission was deliberate so as not to reveal the same old-school solid axle/differential design. The two testers seemd to be avoiding any criticism of this new model other than one comment about wishing it had "a little" more power. Personally, I found it to be too much hype about nothing and bordered on being offensive to enthusiasts as a whole. All I could think as I reached the half way point of the show was that I'm glad I have my "S". The Crossfire wil definitely be a chick's car.
Old 07-13-2003, 05:35 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by loving_my_S2K
[B]Speed,

On the contrary I have done nothing but show every honda rep from dealer to DSM nothing but the utmost respect.
Old 07-13-2003, 10:43 AM
Former Sponsor

I think WORST company would be MBenz!!

I have no idea what they are thinking about their ML class....

Common & most stupid problems with ALL YEAH ALL MODEL ML...
-coolant leak due to weak clamp(makes the car underivealbe)
-steering pump fluid leak due to weak clamp(same here)
-window switch failure

I can go all night long but these three problems are most stupid and most common problems...
I had to go to dealer at least twice a month to fix problems..and this is same story with almost every other ML owner.

97 ML were worst but I understand that it was the first year.
My car was 01 and they still have tons problems and I even see 02 and 03 having same problems like fluid leaking due to weak clamp..those problems causes car inoperable which seems to be TOO STUIPD....$45+ SUV stops ocaationally due to weak clamps?!?! You gotta be kidding me..and MB still WONT fix this problem. After 4-5 years of prodution and they still doesnt replace this clamp?!?
I found that local dealer fixes this clamp thing even on 7 MLs per day in very cold days. So they are saying I gotta drive this SUV only in warm weather?

It was my BIGGEST mistake buying ML..I sold it within 10 months.

Oh yeah I also hear lots of new C-class having electical problem too
Old 07-13-2003, 11:16 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,490 Likes on 1,159 Posts

I've had some horrible cars in my years driving (1988 AMC Jeep Wrangler, 1971 Chevy Vega) and I've had some with major quality control problems (1974 Triumph TR-6, 1961 Chevy Impala) but by far and away the worst car company and the worst car ever made was Fiat and the 1978 Fiat X-1/9. This was the only car I was sorry that I bought and couldn't wait to get rid of. The quality and engineering in the X-1/9 was so bad that even Fiat dealers didn't want to work on it.

I've just read that Fiat plans to reenter the American market. I haven't missed their cars and frankly don't look forward to seeing them again.

Quick Reply: Worst car company on the planet!!!