S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Worst car company on the planet!!!

Old 02-10-2003, 03:31 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,490 Likes on 1,159 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by loving_my_S2K
[B]No i dont expect a S2000 as a rental.
Old 02-10-2003, 04:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They know you're going to beat the hell out of the loaner.
Old 02-10-2003, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

loving_my_S2K, is there anything that honda has done right???? Anything at all??

Is there anything the dealer has done right??? Anything at all??
Old 02-10-2003, 05:41 PM

In loving_my_S2K's defense, he is bitter. I'm sure he wouldn't sound so abrupt if the repairs were made. Put yourself in his shoes. What would you do if you paid 32k for a car and then were force to rent a beater ($170 a week for mine) on your dime while you argue with the merits of your warranty claim.
Old 02-10-2003, 05:58 PM

I haven't had too many issues with my S. I would have to say I love that car to death. But, whenever I went to Honda with warranty on my old car, a 2000 Honda Prelude 5spd, I had to put on my game face and fight for my rights. That gets rather tiresome and is quite annoying. However, I must say at the dealership I currently work with they seem to be more customer oriented because they sell Caddillac and Honda (odd combo I know). The same salespeople sell both lines and the same techs work on both lines. I have noticed that they are more easily bent to my will than 99% of other Honda dealers I have come into contact with. I would suggest finding a dealer that sells two differen't makes in a similar manner, it might help.
Old 02-10-2003, 06:32 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,490 Likes on 1,159 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bbsilver
[B]In loving_my_S2K's defense, he is bitter.
Old 02-11-2003, 06:49 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ralper
[B]

I realize that he is bitter, and I don't blame him, but lets not confuse the issue.
Old 02-11-2003, 11:59 AM

First of all, everyone take a step back, suck in some air and chill out. We don't need to attack each other over opinions about a car company.

No car company or car is perfect. it is an incredibly complex machine made by a huge corporation that can't possibly foresee every problem in every situation. There is no perfect car and no perfect company. Even Lexus spits out lemons once in a while. And every car has TSB's. Honda's overall reputation is excellent. Their dealers however have been notoriously not. The reason is simple. Honda was soaring when everyone was dying and there was huge profit to be made. Greedy dealers were the result. The product was so much better than the norm (i.e the previously mentioned gremlin) that no one noticed the crappy dealers. Those dealers aren't going to change as long as they have the highest selling car (to individuals for the past 15+ years). And all our rantings aren't going to change that. Honda deserves their quality reputation despite the problems listed on this forum. Heck, look at the M3. Do you think all BMW owners are abandoning the company over that "little" engine problem. At least no S2000 has burst into flames like the Fiero.

As for Detroit metro dealers, there are actually 13 Honda dealers within 1 hour of me. I bought my car at Friendly Honda in 12/00 because they didn't play games and sold it for sticker. I have heard horror stories about Jeffries service but have had no problems in 3 years since moving here. I recently had them perform all the TSB's, all under warranty, with no complaints. They even did the oil change for free (mobil one) for all my bother. Now, they may have gone overboard because I'm a physician and they want me to tell all the people I see what a good experience I had,but thats hard to say.

As for what problems I've had with honda products I'll list them below.
1) 1986 Honda Accord LX-auto down window stopped working at 115,000 miles (sold at 130,000 miles).
2)1995 Acura Integra GSR-entire brake system replace bit by bit (never under warranty of course-told was a wear item) except brake lines, master cylinder, ABS control. auto down window stopped working at 45000 miles (after 4 years passed).
3)1998 Accord LX-Defective VTEC control. (also see below) Lease expired.
4)2001 S2000-Scratched/creased rear window. pealing paint both sides of front bumper.
5)2001 Acura MDX-Navigation miss-tracts by ~100yds (persistent problem despite attempts to fix X 3)
The 98 accord had a major engine problem within the first 100 miles (oil leak or something, I forget). It was a problem they never saw before. They sent a team of engineers up from Ohio and took the engine out and took it apart to diagnose the problem. That dealer (in NY) gave me an equivalent car until repairs were done. Turns out it was a faulty gasket that had never failed before.

So am I a Honda nut? No. I buy what I perceive as the best car for the best dollar at that moment in my life. It just so happens that I currently own 3 Honda products. Based on currently available vehicles from Honda/Acura, my next vehicle will not be a Honda (probably a G35 6MT). It also will not be from the Wee Three or Korea.

I will tell you that the brake problem on the Integra has really pissed me off. Honda's refusal to acknowledge the problem has contributed to my lack of desire for any current Honda/Acura vehicles.

Old 02-11-2003, 01:29 PM

LOVIN,
Why don't you just admit you trashed the car I have read all of your posts and you need to take credit for not knowing how to drive. This car might be fast but it is still a car. I called the service manager at my dealer today and asked him about all of the failures, thinking I might need to walk away from mine. He said that Honda has never denied a claim even for the kid that from 5th to 1st once he admitted he did it. The only car issues out there are the clutch disk vibration and the spark plugs backing out. He has replaced 2 engines at the 2 dealers he has been at and said that Honda bends over backwards for S2K owners. If you do not know how to treat a sports car, don't own one. If you treated a 911 the way you did it would be all over the ground as well. We had an M3 come it with pieces of block missing hooked it up to the tester and saw that it was only triple reved. They bought the engine. Grow up, take responsibility for YOUR actions and move on.
Old 02-11-2003, 05:18 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ralper
[B]2.

Quick Reply: Worst car company on the planet!!!