S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Worst car company on the planet!!!

Old 02-08-2003, 06:37 AM

Received 5,749 Likes on 3,386 Posts

ctyofangels, that's a damn sad story - Honda needs to wake up fast.
Old 02-08-2003, 08:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ralper
[B]

Ever been to metro NY/NJ/CT?
Old 02-08-2003, 08:17 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ctyofangel
[B]I have an extended warranty.
Old 02-08-2003, 09:51 AM

I, for one, have no sympathy for you-only for your car, for the abuse and neglect it's seen from it's owner.
Old 02-08-2003, 09:53 AM

I, for one, have no sympathy for you-only for your car, for the abuse and neglect it's likely seen from your ownership based on the info provided. You could probably f_ _k up a Hummer H2!!
Old 02-08-2003, 10:48 AM

OK

Flip, with in the first month of my ownership I had made a trip to Columbus Ohio. If you would like to talk to with whom I met it can be arranged. That right there is barely over 1g im miles. Besides that point. I AM MEERLY STATING MY BELIEFS AND PROBLEMS WITH HONDA!!. If you do not agree fine. Do not insult me and do judge my Credibility. For those judging my age and the posts in which they can not read correctly. I was born on the wonderful day of June 24th in the year of 1982. I bought the car in September 28th of 2001. That would make me 19 upon purchase of the car. Also 19 in which most of the problems occured. The problems in which happen after my wonderful 20th birthday was the second gear going in August of 02 and recently the wonderful "knocking". NOW is there anything else that you all would like to know. Maybe how many women ive been with since I purchased the car, how much I make. Where I work. What my brother does for a living. Give me a break. If you could please just acknowledge that Honda in some shape or form has treated me like shit. Also that if there was not a issue with the S200 at all then maybe there would not be close to 1 MILLION complaints too the BBB. BUT WAIT its all my fault right. Anyway, I ONCE AGAIN wish all of you the best of luck with your S2000's, and to those of you with issues as mine, i wish you luck in thier resolution. Thanks for everyone for thier support whom offered such. I also thank people who constructivley critisized me in a polite fashion, im always looking to improve or broaden a horizon. For those whom still may have some questions feel free to ask.

-Dave
Old 02-08-2003, 11:32 AM

Originally posted by hecash
I've had Warranty problems with my Honda S2000.

I've had Dealer problems with my Honda S2000.

I've had Service Manager problems with my Honda S2000.

I've had District Service Manager problems with my Honda S2000.

My future holds fewer problems in it because there will never be another Honda or S2000 in it.
Can I get a AMEN!!
Old 02-08-2003, 11:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First off I wish everyone with a legitimate issue a resolution. Having said that I would like to give an opinion. Most of these problems I have read relate bad on Honda but even worse it relates bad to the dealership involved. If your dealership is not in a good upstanding relationship with Honda then everything they do will be questioned by Honda and the DPSM and in the end the customer will suffer. Any kind of dealership not just Honda that has a dealership that abuses its warranty repairs or submits susceptible repairs will have a difficult time getting the repair paid for by the manufacture and I think this leads to a lot of the problems here. If you get a BS answer from your service manager imagine what they are telling Honda on some of these repairs. I have yet to see a legitimate warranty repair refused by our DPSM but then again we also have a great working relationship with them. JMO
Old 02-08-2003, 12:22 PM

Thanks for your info San Marino. It is good to hear a side such as your own. As I totally agree. I cant imagine some of the things you tell Honda. The point is you shouldnt have too. Honda should recognize certain faults thier products may have, no matter how limited the problem As I stated in a different thread I dont see a problem with japanese inginuity, the problem is Corperate America following through with that. Same thing here. Although I may get some what decent treatment from my Dealer, but trust me there is MUCH better out there, im limited in my area of residence. That does not excuse Americas Hondas action in matters such as this. thanks for your best wishes and info. =)

-Dave
Old 02-08-2003, 12:22 PM

I've had pretty good service from my Honda dealer--and I
bought my car used.

The first time I took it in THEY informed me that the
recalls for the seat belts and tensioners hadn't been done
by the original owner, and they could do them for me if
I left the car with them for a little longer. OK--they did it.

I've had them do the first two major services, and both
times they addressed the issues I wanted even though they
weren't necessarily included in the major service.

They also honored a coupon for a discount on labor that I
gave to them AFTER turning in the car for service, instead
of at the time of service. Even though the coupon clearly
states that I need to present it at time of service.

They always give me a ride home after I drop the car off
for service.

I've seen people practically screaming their heads off at them
because they don't have a particular part in stock, or
because they were honest and admitted to not being able
to diagnose a problem right away (how many dealers will
admit "I don't know yet" instead of making a lame
excuse?).

I guess I'm lucky, but I'll keep going back to them for service.

Quick Reply: Worst car company on the planet!!!