S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Worst car company on the planet!!!

Old 02-06-2003, 07:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worst car company on the planet!!!

WELL HERE IS THE LATEST!!.

In the recent months I have done nothing but baby the biggest waste of a money car ive ever purchased out of fear that something else would break. No clutch drops, wicked turning nothing. Besides maybe some Vtec once in a while to knock my egde off alittle. Two weeks ago I took my car in for 3 thing. Check engine light, Oil change and this horrid ticking. Ooil change was done, they said the light was just some misfire codes and the ticking was due to lack of oil. I was not more then 100 miles due. Anywho they said it should disapate. well it didnt and the light came back on. Next they replaced the map sensor, and said it was fixed. NEGATIVE. I took in just two days ago for the Ticking which is unbearable now, and the light. THEY JUST NOW WANT TO BREAK THE ENGINE DOWN TO SEE IF ITS FROM OVERREVVING. Before they have even started working on it, its automatically my fault. They claimed that "they have never seen and issue like this before!!" LOL my ass you havent. So once again I said put the damn car outside, ill pick it up, and my lawyer will be contacting you. I faxed over all three new R/O's this should help the case solidify. Honda is by far the MOST pathetic car company out there and so is the S2000. It is the most poorly built car on the market. Which is fine for a performance car, but..... dont deny you have a car that can not handle the driving the way you built it to be driven. If i wanted a garage queen i would of paid 200g for a car. But i didnt i wanted a fun car with realiability and what better place to find that other then Honda. LMAO so not true. I will never own another Honda and from this point on am dedicating my life to hurting Honda's ever so plentiful pocket with bad publicity as much I can.

Here is a post with some of my previous issues.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...&threadid=69152
Old 02-06-2003, 07:56 AM

If you are paying to get your car fixed while it's still under it warrantee then you deserve what you get. For 300 extra bucks I got a 7 year 60000 mile exteneded bumper to bumper honda service contract (which on a 32k investment I think EVERYONE should have taken). Regardless you are still covered uner the original bumper to bumper honda contract.

As for you feeling that your new life ambition includes "dedicating my life to hurting Honda's ever so plentiful pocket with bad publicity as much I can."

I guess we all need a hobby and best of luck to you. And, because of you I'm going to sell my S2000 now. You converted me. I think I'm going to get a new camaro, oh wait they don't make them anymore. A mustang, no everyone owns one of them. A Z350, no everyone will own one of them soon. Ahhhhm Corvette, Damn again every block has one. it. I'm going to use public transportation for the rest of my life. I hope you're happy!

If you're an unlucky person then try this http://www.hondacars.com/info/customer_relations.asp At our (800) 999-1009
If you're just another I hate honda people, you really need to find something more productive to do with your time

Regards,
scott
Old 02-06-2003, 08:09 AM

I agree, I am selling my car today and I am going to either take a bus everyday, or buy a good old 70's american car(maybe a pinto or gremlin)!!!

Well I thought about it for 2 seconds, and I changed my mind. The s2000 maybe crap, but it is the best piece crap that I can get for 32k, so I am keeping the car. I think that I will keep my p.o.s. jdm civic to, you know just because no one will buy that piece of crap!!!

Can anyone see the river of sarcasm yet?

If you got a bad car(lemon), or just don't like it, then let the dealer fix it and then sell it. But don't be comming back here to just be a hater. No car is perfect, which is why warranties were invented.

HONDA RULES!!!!
Old 02-06-2003, 08:10 AM

I havent had any problems whatsoever with my '02. Sorry if you got the lemon out of the batch, but not every S2000 has problems around every corner. I feel for you, but maybe you should try to get a new one via the lemon law...
Old 02-06-2003, 08:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with everyone here....youve got some bad luck, sorry that sux! But if every s2000 had those same problems, This site would not be here!!

Oh yeah, Good luck with your new "hobby", Your gunna need it
Old 02-06-2003, 08:17 AM

Now Now,

I used to love Honda and thier engineering more then most. As I realize your rather obstruct points of having a car not everyone has. Not saying everyone should by those cars. Lords knows I would not. Nor would I ever purchase a Honda again. I have tried both alternate options you have provided. After over a year of nothing but troubles Ive been through the ringer. The bottom line, Honda thinks thier DSMs are golden. Refuse to review or overturn any decision made. So once your DSM says know your stuck. So my bitterness does not come with out cause. So please do not be so quick to judge. Just maybe put yourself in my shoes and maybe try to see what its like being 19 paying 36 grand for a car. Doing nothing but working for that. Then not being able to drive it because of so many issues. Its heart breaking. At this point, vomit inducing. The day the s2000 leaves my hands will be the best day of my life. The current best day. When I rolled off the lot with my brand new triple black S2000 being the youngest owner in Michigan. Little did I know.

Dave
Old 02-06-2003, 08:26 AM

I feel your pain a little bit. I am 23 in school, and trying to pay for my s2k. I have a few minor problems, but they were fixed quickly. Maybe you should look to see if your service deparment has had many complaints. My service guy goes out of his way to take care of the car, and he also realizes that I drive it hard because it is a sports car. Sounds like you are getting killed on all ends, but being a honda hater will not help, especially on a site like this. Good luck. Honda still rules!!!
Old 02-06-2003, 08:26 AM

Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

Scott,

I have been a Honda loyalist as long as I have been a legally aged driver...it's a good amount of time. I've owned three Hondas, and raced one (that's four total). I've even helped my local dealer sell cars through my knowledge (when I'm on their lot) and through my network of co-workers, friends, family, and friends of friends.

After S2000 ownership since early 2000, I can safely say that I most likely will not ever own another Honda/Acura product (and if I do, it will be a used purchase that will most likely be out of any warranty protection).

The customer service I have seen at a local dealer level is absolutely horrendous. I'm talking about sales and service! I had to make TWO appointments for the seat belt recall....one was spent trying to convince them that there was an actual TSB. The second one was the time they fixed it because I was armed with a copy of the TSB.

The customer service and customer retention plan is just as bad at the regional AHM level. You as a customer are guilty at the cause of mechanical failure and then YOU must prove yourself innocent and show that the car is at fault. In your 8 days of registration at this site, you have not even seen the surface of what some owners have had to go through to get their cars fixed...under warranty.

You should have heard how my wife was treated when I had asked her to take the car in for some general service and TSB fixes with a list I created, with great detail, while discussing the issues on the phone with one of the service managers. You should have listened to my wife's shuddering voice when she told me what happened....and then hear it again when I get on the phone 3-way with the service manager that gave my wife a tongue lashing. You should have heard the B.S. that he was giving her....and then you should have heard him when he realized that I was on the line as well.

Complaining to the general manager was no help. Complaining to the regional service director only offered us free car mats that I already had purchased at $120. Complaining to some AHM "higer-ups" that I managed to network with only offered us another $500 off our next NEW Honda purchase.

That's just one experience...do a search on this site. Look for differential issues, transmission issues, cylinder #4 issues, also what looks to be now cylinder #2/coil issues, spark plug backing out issues, CV joint issues, and seat belt issues. Seriously, do the searches, and then take a good 2-3weeks to read all the resulting threads. Then come back to this thread and tell the rest of us honestly how good Honda customer service is.

One more thing, Honda's extended warranty, to me and quite a few others, is just another document (or piece of paper with ink on it) that the dealership sold us; I'm glad I only paid $350 for it. It's only worth is the space it takes up in my hanging file folder dedicated to the car.

I do the majority of my own work on the car and am always willing to help out other local owners because I do know how the majority of dealerships in my neck of the woods are "rapists" of quality customer service.
Old 02-06-2003, 08:38 AM

I did not know that service was that bad at alot of dealerships. Sorry to all who have bad service dept. My service dept. is awesome, but they are also a sponsor of this site. John Eagle north side honda/Clear Lake honda rule! Hope you guys have better luck next time.
Old 02-06-2003, 09:15 AM

Sorry for your bad luck but the fact is that the S2000 is a phenomenal car and most have no problems to speak of. I drove my car very hard under lots of boost for many miles and the only problem I ever had was the window switch. Honda builds one of the best cars on the market and has alot of die hard fans. Again... I'm sorry that you've had such a bad experience with yours, you're missing out on a great car. On a side note... I rarely let ANY DEALER touch any of my cars. Even when I had the issue with the window switch I purchased the part myself and took it to my mechanic.

Quick Reply: Worst car company on the planet!!!